Parts ordering

Amiganut

HELP!  I would like to buy MIDIBox parts from SmashTV.  I asked about how to order by mail but have received no response from him.
Sorry, been ill, have not replied to anyone lately, don't take it personally.

Is this possible?
Using cash, no (mailing cash is not legal).

Using a US Postal Service money order, yes.

Doesn't anyone want cash anymore?
Yes, but not for anything but an in-person transaction.....I would love any secure alternative to credit cards and PayPal. 

You won't find any legitimate business in the US that accepts cash in the mail for a long list of reasons....Why would you expect me to or criticize the fact that I don't?

Do they make more by using credit cards?
You are kidding right?  At around 5% (a low rate compared to most merchant accounts) PayPal and the CC companies make more from some of my store items than I do!

Don't get me wrong, I am very outspoken about the evils of unsecured credit for the average guy (3+ trillion $ credit card debt in the US alone!), but you can easily turn your cash into remote buying power with a simple (usually free) bank account and debit card.  Makes trading across borders a non-issue.

I am also one of those guys who pays with cash and laughs at the snooty clerks who act put out by touching it.  Must be fear of the complex math skills required to make change.  ;)

Best

SmashTV

Hope you're feeling better.  All I need is a mailing address.  I could not find one on your site.

Mailing money is legal.  Just not wise.  It can be sent by registered mail if one wanted to take a chance.  I only meant payment other than by plastic.

It used to be you could talk a business into knocking off the 5% because you were paying with cash.  Then they realized that was an extra 5% profit and stopped doing it.

I was in a Wal-Mart last year checking out when the clerk had to call a manager because she did not know how to ring up a cash transaction.  It's no wonder so many people today have finance problems.

Back to the MIDIBox.  I've looked at a lot of MIDI encoders, read about them and MIDIBox comes highly recommended.  I'll use it for the organ I'm building.

Harold

Mailing money is legal.  Just not wise.  It can be sent by registered mail if one wanted to take a chance.
Right, thanks for correcting my poor choice of words.  I tend to refer to anything that triggers an IRS audit as not legal.  ;)

All I need is a mailing address.  I could not find one on your site.
It's not on my site, I don't need the issues that come with sharing my address with anyone who has net access. 

I think I'll pass on this transaction, If we can't get out of confrontation mode before the sale, I don't think either of us will be happy after the sale.

Its never been about money for me, so its very important that everyone on both ends is pleased.

best regards

SmashTV

Did not know we were in a confrontational mode.  All I want is to buy some of your products.  There has to be some way, other than plastic, to get money to you.  I no longer use my card for purchases over the web due to my number being stolen from a "secure site".  Had to close the account and have a new number issued.  Your not wanting to list your address on your site is understandable, just as I no longer trust web sites with my credit account number.  Is there no middle ground?