Unknown schematic symbol

Guest sstandfast

Guest sstandfast

hey guys, i feel kind of ignorant right know.  I've ran across a problem trying to understand a schematic that has been given to me, there is a symbol on it that I am unfamiliar with.  I have attempted to research the symbol with no luck, it doesn't appear to be a standard-type symbol.  Below is a link to a picture of the symbol if the image fails to display.

Link :  http://www.angelfire.com/my/shawnspage/Symbol.jpg

Symbol.jpg

The label of J5 leads me to believe that this symbol is supposed to represent a jumper of some sort but to draw jumpers in on a schematic doesn't quite make sense to me.  But any help that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Guest monte

I'm guilty of using this type of schematic notation for a jumper that may be removed for testing purposes etc. rather than a soldered in jumper...... ;)  but I started doing that about 45 years ago and haven't been able to kick the habit!!   By the way, MIDI is a good anti-aging  device........Everyone keep up the good work.    Monte