A Ableton Live Controller.

Jasper S

Inspired by some new Cool Boxes here on the forum, (the idea was hammering in My Head for 3 months now) I decided to design and Build my own Midibox and use it like a Ableton live controller.

I have the following Inputs and Outputs.

81 Digital inputs ( the so called push button switches for triggering clips etc.)

47 Analog inputs ( For the potential resistors)

81 Digital outputs (For the Leds)

Do you know how many Modules I need, I knew that a few months ago, but i totally lost the sense in my Ideas, and I can't find my information know.

Thanx in advance

Jasper

unless you want a mega project i would revise you design/ideas.

do you really need 81 clip triggers? YOu can haev just one for each channel and use the track trigger button, so you only need one for however many channels and a scene up/down button or an encoder.

at a rough guess you will need 2 m64 or m64e for this. Just seems unneccessary to me, you could easily do it with one m64

yeah kind of like that, i was thinking along the lines of one rotary encoder to scroll up & down scenes (or 2 buttons for up & down), one button for trigger scene, and one button on each channel to trigger what ever is selected on that scene and track.

You know the button i mean? Hit MIDI or KEY mode & under each track there is a play button that appears, if you assign this you can trigger the clip on that track which you have selected. So if you use Toggle launch mode on the clips you only need one button to start and stop clips, hit it once to start, once to stop.

Sorry if you know that already.

however, that is just one way of working, im sure there are plenty of others as well, its all up to you at the end of the day.