Button status update via midi

sambo

This has probably been answered before but i just wanted to check.

I'm building a guitar rig controller, and just wondered if button status (ie on or off) could be changed by incoming midi messages.

I've got a TC G-Major which sends midi messages about which effects are active (same message as it responds to to activate/turn off the effect). Wondered if midibox would/could respond to these incoming events and if its a could... How's ya do it?!

Thanks!

S

Hi sambo,

if you want to code your own application it's possible, of course! Just take a look at the function overview. You'll find handlers that are being called on hardware changes (as are Midi changes on the Pic's pins... see MPROC). Just add your code there and you can do (nearly) everything you want.

You can't set mechanically a buttons state by Midi (well, to tell the truth, you can, but I'm sure you don't want to do this ;D), but you rather have to implement a variable that keeps track of this state. Maybe you want to use a button that does not snap in combination with a LED that shows the current state?

Cheers,

Michael