Yet another lcd query?

sidysm

I've been inspired to make a daw controller myself as nothing seems to be out there that does what I want.

The ID is the closest I've seen but the rumoured costs and access to a host of features I don't and probably won't use has discouraged me somewhat.

I'm about halfway through designing my controller (I'll be posting shortly for comments and suggestions), and the core is going to be scalable 8 channel strip modules.

My query is I wanted to have LCD's to display channel names on each channel but all the units I've seen are to big.

I notice on the Steinberg ID that 2 channels share a 2*16 LCD with 7 digits on the bottom row for each channel, effectively making 2 LCD's which would fit in my planned 40mm per strip.

here's an image to help clarify: ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/download/pc/hardware/Steinberg_ID/pictures/IMG_1167.jpg

Is this possible to recreate with MIOS, ie. 4 2*16 LCD displays split so 2 inputs go to each and display the channel names.

Also does anyone know uk reseller of penny and giles touch sensitive motor faders or if P&G sell small orders direct?

I've been inspired to make a daw controller myself as nothing seems to be out there that does what I want.

The ID is the closest I've seen but the rumoured costs and access to a host of features I don't and probably won't use has discouraged me somewhat.

I'm about halfway through designing my controller (I'll be posting shortly for comments and suggestions), and the core is going to be scalable 8 channel strip modules.

My query is I wanted to have LCD's to display channel names on each channel but all the units I've seen are to big.

I notice on the Steinberg ID that 2 channels share a 2*16 LCD with 7 digits on the bottom row for each channel, effectively making 2 LCD's which would fit in my planned 40mm per strip.

here's an image to help clarify: ftp://ftp.steinberg.net/download/pc/hardware/Steinberg_ID/pictures/IMG_1167.jpg

Is this possible to recreate with MIOS, ie. 4 2*16 LCD displays split so 2 inputs go to each and display the channel names.

Also does anyone know uk reseller of penny and giles touch sensitive motor faders or if P&G sell small orders direct?

Hey...

With MIOS i believe the track LCD would be doable, only u'd have to program the handlers for the controller urself...

For P&G faders in the UK, cant remember the exact name of the company, but I just remember them being very dear - like £18+ per fader! Nice if u got the moolah i gues...

Best

Dan

Hey...

With MIOS i believe the track LCD would be doable, only u'd have to program the handlers for the controller urself...

For P&G faders in the UK, cant remember the exact name of the company, but I just remember them being very dear - like £18+ per fader! Nice if u got the moolah i gues...

Best

Dan

MIOS only supports 2 LCDs maximum, but sure, you can add as much LCDs as you want - every LCDs requires a dedicated output pin for the E signal, and you have to integrate the drivers into the application by yourself

Best Regards, Thorsten.

MIOS only supports 2 LCDs maximum, but sure, you can add as much LCDs as you want - every LCDs requires a dedicated output pin for the E signal, and you have to integrate the drivers into the application by yourself

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

So then, the channel strips I'm planning are pretty full featured and may not go off one core anyway so...

Could I do two cores so each controlls 2 lcd's and 4 channels of features instead of 8, and then link them to output over 1 midi port?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

So then, the channel strips I'm planning are pretty full featured and may not go off one core anyway so...

Could I do two cores so each controlls 2 lcd's and 4 channels of features instead of 8, and then link them to output over 1 midi port?