Webcam based motion sensor midi controller

stryd_one

hey, this sounds great...

maybe I should dig out my old PC :-\ ... ;D

however, I also stumbled recently upon a tool, that's also available for Mac / Linux, called RvCad:

http://www.robotvision2.com/Softwares/RvCAD/RvCAD.html

It's a (freeware, but no oss) realtime video processing software similar to QuartzComposer*, but focussed on robotics, motion-/object-detection, head-tracker and (I haven't tried, but the website says) extendable by plugins...

Cheers!

Michael

* ahh, of course, there's the Kineme plugin pack available now for QuartzComposer on the Mac. It contains a Midi-Out plugin... As far as I am aware no motion detection possible (no way to get numbers out of pictures), but anyway, maybe useful...

Must be good, it's Aussie! (I can tell by the coins in the screenshots). More good reasons to get a mac there too mate  ;)

This video processing is certainly a promising field of growth in IT... I've been saying for years that the next big thing in IT would be user interfacing, as the processing power reached the requirements of the really good stuff like this. It's nice to watch the tip of the iceberg :)

• 2 weeks later...