my circuit bent TR-505

th0mas

First the bad bits:

Compression is your friend. You don't have to fully master it but I'd highly recommend running a limiter over your stuff before you make it public :)

I so hate two-step breaks. Bah. Come on man spend the extra few minutes on your breaks and really show off your tasty new bend!

Now the bits I'm not sure if it's good or bad or both:

That machine is in perfect condition, look how white it is! Nice! Couldn't you have drilled holes in a crappy beat up old one? ;)

Why do benders use RCA's instead of 3.5mm TS jacks or something?

Annnd the good bits:

That's really nice man! Some great sounds coming out of it! I know squat about the 5-0 but if the amp envelopes could be slower it'd be great for sfx too. I'd like to read about what you've done to it, thanks for sharing :)

;)

You're probably right, I should have put a bit more time into it before releasing a video.. I set it all up and recorded a video and said "what the hell, people put themselves dancing on youtube".  The compressor's actually in the mail, I bought one on ebay.. hopefully it successfully evens out my levels so I can bring up the glitchyness.

Thanks for the reply.. it'll get a lot more interesting in the next couple days, I bought 6 alesis FX units off ebay and they're in the mail.

*edit: i didn't buy the compressor on youtube.