Universal Synth Editor - MIDIbox GLCD

ilmenator

Hello waveformer,

although many people have been quite excited about this project, nobody has contributed to the JAVA editor software. As this was a student's project, the people originally working on this are no longer available nor interested - except for me, who was the supervisor, but currently I am in a situation where I cannot contribute myself.

Actually, there is a follow-up project available, but nobody has signed up for this as of yet. You are free to contribute!

Best regards, ilmenator

The JAVA editor is the most important component right now, as it is necessary for comfortably giving real functionality to the MIDIbox UC. Without the editor, the UC is just plain dumb and doesn't know who she is... :) Once this is working, we will see what else needs to be done.

"Follow-up" relates to a student's project open at my university. It is about making the ruins of the JAVA-editor actually work properly. The basic functionality is there, but the way that the data structures are handled produces some strange results. Apparently the data gets scrambled before or upon being sent by the JAVA editor to the MIDIbox UC, so the UC is left with a scrambled memory. This results in arbitrary MIDI messages sent by the UC when in "Editor mode", which is exactly the problem that we have now.

Best regards, ilmenator

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Is there anybody out there ?

I'm new to MIOS (badly enough) but very intressted in this project :

MIDIbox GLCD

What progress has been done by anyone or where did it got stuck and why ?

I would like to pick this up as far as I can... this is the exclusive thing

that I always wonted to build.

I see that not all documentation is available on the MIDIbox UC page,

which hold the starting parts (and more ?) for this project.

Anyone ?

Joris

Relax - nothing is lost :).

Joris has managed to find out who was working on the project and has contacted me already.

The status of the project is still the same as it was two years ago. I have left Ilmenau University in the meantime, so the project was not further developed. Also, I doubt that one should build the hardware as it is described in the WIKI, using two PIC cores - we now have Core32 with SD card connectivity, which is just perfect for the cause. Everything can be made so much easier now...

I will put the documentation back online again, but this will need some time - I have a few (job) deadlines to meet before Christmas, and I need to find the files.

If you are really interested in bringing this back to life, I am most willing to provide support, but my resources (=time) are limited. This is not a walk in the park, but a complex project - although, using a Core32 WILL make things considerably easier.

Best regards, ilmenator

• 3 months later...