HELP ME PLS!!!

snaper

hi snaper

welcome!!!

i am giving you the first steps

1 read properly the pages about MIDIbox64 and MIDIbox64e and the wiki, they are really well written

2 try to figure out what you want to build and draw a schematic, i use to start from the front panel for example so i know how many encoders, faders buttons if i want light etc

3 when you have a (+ or -) clear idea come back to this thread and we can help you to find out which modules and how many of them you need.You will probably get also some good tips about how to improve your design.Let us know also if you consider etching PCB by yourself or want to buy premade PCB with all the components

good luck and welcome aboard

simone

Thank you!!!

So I dont want a big controller...You know I use Logic 7 on Mac and i need a controller for them. I need 32 faders (not motorized) for volumes, (and 64 buttons (32 solo, and 32 mute)), I dont need LCD display, LED rings, etc (extras:)). I need this controller only for the mastering process...bebcause the softEQ-s use I withs mouse like the send effects and etc, but the volumes I heat change with mose. So a imple volume controller for Logic what I need...

And sorry, but I speak not so good english:(

Hey snaper welcome to the board :)

I understand English is not your first language, but typing in caps is considered screaming in pretty much every language ;) This forum is full of people playing with live electricity, so maybe you should save your screaming until you're getting electrocuted :o

I took time out of my day off sick to check this post because you had me worried for your safety!

Anyway I hope your midibox is a huge success :) For a simple project with some transport control, maybe you could consider the clockbox project. It has an LCD, but you will probably need an LCD for debugging anyway.

hi snaper

the projects that you re lloking for is the MB64 because it supports analog pots/faders and has a lot of features for them

english is not my language either so don t worry about language just be nice patient never pretend etc etc

for 32 pots/faders you need an AIN4

of course you need 1 CORE module

you ll need a 6 to 9 volts transformers (minimum 0,5 A)

for 32 buttons you ll need a DIN4

1 more DIN2 to connect the jog wheel and transport buttons

that s really a basic you ll need much more stuff: a convenient box, tools, etc don t worry you ll figure out yourself: i advice you to start writing down all these things so if you order anything from a shop you will have to do it only once

a question: what is the display on your design? a LCD to control parameter or just a tranport controller?

At the beginning of this section of the forum you will find a nice step to step guide >>> read it all //

please let us know if you have any experience in electronics, there is no discrimination here about that but communication will be easier if i know what you can do what you will learn to do ;-)

about the modules and where to buy it: there is a german guy who sells pre etched pcb and all the components here: http://www.mikes-elektronikseite.de/

best

simone

quote from http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_din.html :

How to connect 32 buttons: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_dinx4_32buttons.pdf

If you are interested in a particular answer to a question, you should first read the most obvious relevant pages @uCApps.de, at least the one of the module you're asking about ;)  ;)

Cheers,

AC

OK, thanks, bu you know...yeah but what are the 8 others? (not the sidned #1-#24)

And another problem...the MIOS upload...so I download the Java applet and start it under OS X 10.4.8 Tiger....and in start I see a picture aboout many-many MIDIbox-ses, but thats all...no menu, no windows, nothing....whats the matter? (And yeah, I go to the SUN homepage but I cant find the runtime environment for OS X...only for win, linux, solaris)

hi snaper

follow this link and read ALL of the posts in the first 2 threads

about adapting your MB to your needs and design i advice you to download MB64 application and open the files main.asm and mios_table.inc : it s a good start to understand the application and the parameters and value you will need to adjust.

simone

yeah but what are the 8 others? (not the sidned #1-#24)

???

sorry, I don't know what you're talking about. The PDF clearly shows 32 DINs, 2 Grounds and the connections to the Core. You seem to make it more complicated than it is.

And another problem...the MIOS upload...so I download the Java applet and start it under OS X 10.4.8 Tiger....and in start I see a picture aboout many-many MIDIbox-ses, but thats all...no menu, no windows, nothing....whats the matter? (And yeah, I go to the SUN homepage but I cant find the runtime environment for OS X...only for win, linux, solaris)

You should already have the right Java Runtime on 10.4.8

But you need Plumstone, a MIDI extension for Java. I assume you haven't installed that, right?

Go to the Startpage of this Forum, look into "Miosstudio" and find the first fat sticky thread called MIOSStudio for Mac Users

hi snaper

about my post:

hi snaper

follow this link and read ALL of the posts in the first 2 threads

i forgot to write the link!!, Audiocommander already pointed that out but here it is anyway:

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?board=8.0

i know all seems to be quite difficult to understand in the beginning but consider that TK has spent a few years  developing this platform/hardware and you are not supposed to learn it in a few days.You are very welcome to ask here in the forum, but please read first carefully all the wiki, all the sticky topics about MB64,MIOS and MIOS for Mac user.Open the MB64 and have fun with Assembler, it all will be easier as you go along with it.

We ll be waiting for some pictures as you get some results.

simone

So in the thread what you have send me i cant download the MIOS setup file, because maybe the file has ben deleted or something...so my last question before i download tha all MIDIBOX WIKI:)

The "program" what I must upload with the MIOS, so it is a driver for MBOX or what, and I must re-upload it to my BOX after every system reinstalls or HD formats? And I must make the "program" what I must upload or are there downloadable versions?

So sorry, but Im dummy, but I download now the all WIKI, and read everything on my little iBook in my bed:)

snaper,

have you seen this image, when you downloaded the internet ;D ?

fetch.php?w=&h=&cache=cache&media=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.audiocommander.de%2Fpics%2Fsonst%2FMIOS_Overview.gif

I think this explains it pretty well. If you think of a computer, MBHP is the Hardware (Mainboard, Soundcard etc...), MIOS is the Operating System (it's called the Midibox Operating System, therefore the name) and on top of this are the applications like the MB64(E), MBSID, MBSEQ and so on...

Of course you just have to upload once. Like it's with your Computer, you don't need to put on a new system when you're installing an application and once you shut it down, you can still start it without having to reinstall ;)

cheers,

Michael