Re: MBSEQ V3 talk

stryd_one

Hiya TK,

Just when you think something couldnt be any better, a new version is released!! Awesome work!!!!!

A couple of things still confusing me;

so, this means that the "Sync to master" works like expected ;-)

What master is the track syncing to which is different than it normally would??

With the 17th track / master track Im still a bit lost as to its usage, how does it relate to changing songs etc?

To say it clearly again: there is neither a 17th track, nor a master track. This concept has been cancled.

Sorry to keep on this topic but its an important one to me :) Im just trying to ask the right question regarless of the name of the feature / concept. Do you have any plans to implement any way to chain tracks at at any stage? I know its probably complex to do. I would love it if at the end of each track there was simply a ->A2 instead of stop or something similar?? If possible, could you give a quick beginners guide to the loopback setting and how this works or should I wait for the documentation?? Is it simply that it will record any and all changes you make on the sequencer ie pressing buttons at particular times etc and takes its own track up to record and play these things back? If so that could be used as a song arranger by making your songs from pattern changes recorded into the loopback track??? Maybe im looking at it wrong??

The random works well, esp as you said when the force to scale is on.

I planned this "incremental change" function some weeks ago, because I saw the need. But then I forgot to bring this into the whishlist.

I was astounded that as I asked for it, you were releasing it, that is very odd!!! Especially when you never mentioned it!! :)

The recorded note will always be forwarded automatically to the target channel and port. What are your MIDI router settings? Is there any additional forwarding or merging enabled?

I am merging the input for my kenton control freak (not sending any clocks etc) and I have IIC1 out to the Kurzweil K2000 rack. Ive left the particular routing settings alone for testing this problem. It seems to be playing the sequence back at at least 8x speed. I havent played with any divider or clock settings. When I plug my TR-909 in place to compare the notes are recorded in time without any problems (no settings changed on kurzweil). The kurzweil picks up the midi clock from the sequencer and syncs to it when recording, same with the 909. If there is anything new you would like me to test for this problem please let me know (as with any bugs or features you want tested).

All the best,

John

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What master is the track syncing to which is different than it normally would??

I implemented this menu page at a time where I planned to add a master track. In the meantime this term is wrong and I will change it once I get a good idea.

Currently this function means, that the step position will be reset to 0 after each measure. This measure is counted independent from any divider or Progressing setting. Later it will be possible to use more than 16 steps for such a synchronisation. If this function is too confusing, and you don't miss anything related to step resets, just never enable it...

Sorry to keep on this topic but its an important one to me Smiley Im just trying to ask the right question regarless of the name of the feature / concept. Do you have any plans to implement any way to chain tracks at at any stage? I know its probably complex to do. I would love it if at the end of each track there was simply a ->A2 instead of stop or something similar??

I don't know how to combine this additional pattern chaining with the chaining in song mode, and the already existing chaining of tracks. And I don't see so much sense here... or did I miss something?

The simple "Pattern jumps to next pattern" scheme was available in MBSEQ V1, I replaced it by the song mode since the usage was too difficult.

The only thing that I maybe could implement is the possibility to jump from one to another song as an additional jump target. This doesn't really match with the requirements you mentioned before, but the realisation would be simple.

If possible, could you give a quick beginners guide to the loopback setting and how this works or should I wait for the documentation??

(btw.: last weekend I planned to write the manual, but there where so many emails to answer after just 4 days of absence, that I haven't found the time anymore&motivation for doing this...)

Loopback: Notes will be forwarded to the Transposer and Arpeggiator, which means, one or more track can feed the engine with the same notes like if you would play them from an external keyboard.

CC's will be forwarded to track parameters, this is described in the changelog.

Is it simply that it will record any and all changes you make on the sequencer ie pressing buttons at particular times etc and takes its own track up to record and play these things back? If so that could be used as a song arranger by making your songs from pattern changes recorded into the loopback track??? Maybe im looking at it wrong??

No, such record capabilities will definitely not be possible.

The random works well, esp as you said when the force to scale is on.

Nice to read - last evening I had some fun with with randomly generated TB303-like sequences

I was astounded that as I asked for it, you were releasing it, that is very odd!!! Especially when you never mentioned it!! Smiley

There are many things which are not communicated in the forum, and I don't want to release a total brain dump to the public ;-)

The reason why I haven't implemented it at the time I came to the idea is, that I saw no easy way how to use it in conjunction with the normal "set same value" function. An option within the MBSEQ OPT menu was not practical, and I wanted to prevent wasting an F button. Meanwhile we have some buttons with extra functionality when they are pressed&held. This makes some new functions possible.

The same is true for the Utility menu - I never had a clear idea how to allow an ergonomic usage of copy/paste/and all the other nice "tools". Now with this menu the implementation itself was a piece of cake.

So, sometimes not the idea how to implement such features is blocking, but the idea, how to combine the feature with existing concepts.

I am merging the input for my kenton control freak (not sending any clocks etc) and I have IIC1 out to the Kurzweil K2000 rack. Ive left the particular routing settings alone for testing this problem. It seems to be playing the sequence back at at least 8x speed. I havent played with any divider or clock settings. When I plug my TR-909 in place to compare the notes are recorded in time without any problems (no settings changed on kurzweil). The kurzweil picks up the midi clock from the sequencer and syncs to it when recording, same with the 909. If there is anything new you would like me to test for this problem please let me know (as with any bugs or features you want tested).

Could you please create a MIDI logfile of the IIC1 output with MIDI-Ox? Maybe this helps me to determine what is going on here...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi John,

the logfile looks ok.

It could be a problem with the MIDI clock (which is not listed in the logfile)

There is a bug in the current build, the MIDI clock settings are overwritten once you leave the MIDI menu, accordingly the sequencer won't send MIDI clock to your K2000, and the synth will propably lock to the wrong clock.

Here the bugfix: open seq_dump.inc, search for function "SEQ_DUMP_StoreGlobal", go to line 401, and replace:

;; ---[ store MIDI router settings ]---
        call    MIOS_EEPROM_Read
        movff  WREG, SEQ_ROUTER_MCLK_ENABLED
[/code] by:
[code]
        movff  SEQ_ROUTER_MCLK_ENABLED, WREG
        call    MIOS_EEPROM_Write

does this help?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I finally got an idea, how to realize program changes (and more) without modifications in the existing SysEx structures (which is nearly impossible): by providing mixer maps.

A mixer map could contain the MIDI channel and port, program change, the two bank change CCs + volume + 3 additional CC's for each track. It would be stored in a seperate location (e.g. upper half of the Song BankStick, accordingly you would need a 64k BankStick instead of 32k), and it would be referenced in the song list.

The advantage of this approach is, that you can prepare several mixer maps for your instruments, and reference them multiple times within the song menu w/o the need for an additional copy&paste mechanism for the case that you want to make small adjustments.

Any other ideas, what could be part of such a mixer map?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Wow thats a great idea!! I was actually going to ask for a similar concept, but as per usual you were 100% on target :) I think having an inital cc value for each stored event would be great too!! Of course I would be very pleased to see song chaining used too, but thats a different feature, but it would tie in nice as you could have all these settings change on the fly as a snapshot of settings per song. I really like that you have the port setting stored there too, this is much more sensible and will allow for people with 4 IIC's to pick 16 channels out of their 64 in each song, hence making for much greater possibilities of changing configurations on the fly.

I know I rave on about Kurzweils too much on this forum, but they have implemented their mixer maps very well on the K2* series of synths, worth a look for inspiration as they address the same problem you are now. Their song mode allows storage of what program number is used, volume, balance and some other settings (not to copy, but to see how its used). Perhaps a bankstick could be dedicated to this task to allow for storage of more settings too??

What would pepole who jam in pattern mode only do in this case if the settings are stored in the song? Would the patterns be independant of program changes and cc snapshots? There could be a good and bad side to patterns not using the same system.

I have not had a chance to test your patch for the seq so far, sorry! Ive been too busy with the new SID.

I will let you know when I test it in the next few days tho!!

Hi Tk,

I have been lurking on the sequencer threads for a while. I think the mixer map suggestion as a solution for live use would be helpful because it is very often that I want to set up my equipment to play from one state (ie the mixer map) before a sequence starts.

My MBSeq is sitting in bits waiting for some free time to be finished. So this idea may be implemented already.....

But in regards to mixer maps with the sequencer, one thing I have been contemplating as a suggestion is performance controllers. When in song mode I would really like to be able to assign the rotary encoders to control parameters within a sequence. As an example one could then assign the 1st 2 encoders to control the note length of Tracks 1 and 6. The next 2 encoders control Transpose on Tracks 8 and 10 etc. I think it would even be useful to be able to set the encoders to transmit CC's to control synths live in addition to playing back the song.

I feel this would help me to create very live sounding arrangements.

Ok back to work, shame.....

Dave M

I think that it shouldn't be a big problem to select and "dump" a mixer map also in pattern mode.

Yes, I know that there are advantages and disadvantages of an independent system. The main advantage is, that I don't need to touch the SysEx structure of patterns, this is important because there or only a few bytes free anymore.

To say it more dramatically (because I think that I cannot mention it often enough): currently we can store 128 patterns in a 64k BankStick. The data is already compressed. If more informations should be stored in a pattern, I would have to limit the number of storable patterns per BankStick again, and this is what most of you wouldn't like to see, and what I want to prevent.

FAQMARKER

Seperate BankStick: not required, when you imagine how difficult it will be to maintain a huge set of parameters. I don't know where to find the manuals of Kurzweil synths, but I think that you have to make a difference between internally controlled parameters of a synthesizer, which can be changed very fast, and external MIDI parameters, where the transfer speed is limited by the MIDI bandwidth.

Example: let's say you want to control 7 CC's plus Program Change of 16 channels. A dump would cause a delay of ca. 8*16*1 mS = 128 mS over a single MIDI out (it's more relaxed when multiple MIDI outs are used), and this would be definitely too much, the realtime capabilities would be affected.

I also don't really want to spend too much time in implementing a complex mixer function which propably would consume more code memory than it's really worth. So, let's reduce it to the real needs, and then let's continue with the next feature...

What I can extract from your postings, and what I can say from my experience, is the following:

1) at least Port, MIDI channel, Program Change, Volume, Pan, 4 free definable CCs

2) the 4 CCs should be assignable for each track seperately, e.g. to 16, 17, 18, 19 (general purpose CC's) or for example to Bank/Reverb/Chorus/Fx2

3) it must be possible to select, if a parameter should be sent or not to save MIDI bandwidth. Therefore a parameter won't be sent by default (---), and has to be enabled by setting the value: 0-127, 7bit

4) Using the upper half of the Song BankStick means 32k are available. Considered that for each mixer map 256 bytes are reserved, we would get 128 mixer maps

5) parameters will be stored automatically into the appr. BankStick slot whenever the page is changed (no special save button)

6) it should be possible to copy a mixer map to another slot (copy/paste)

7) it should be possible to clear a mixer map (clr)

8 ) it should be possible to "dump" a mixer map whenever you want

9) it should be possible to "dump" a mixer map as song list entry

I think that this is all I can offer ;-)

Dave: I can understand the need for such a performance controller page, but I fear that I could not offer the full flexibility, especially for controlling the note length of different tracks at the same time, this is really hard to edit (I guess you would also like to see the parameter names and not only numbers) and therefore very memory consuming. It would be much easier to create a seperate control box for such a functionality

On the other hand: you could use one or two... or all 4 CC's of a mixer map and assign them to CC's you want. In addition, I could provide the "loopback" port as additional interface, which allows to control sequencer parameters from the mixer map.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hiya TK,

I don't know where to find the manuals of Kurzweil synths, but I think that you have to make a difference between internally controlled parameters of a synthesizer, which can be changed very fast, and external MIDI parameters, where the transfer speed is limited by the MIDI bandwidth.

Example: let's say you want to control 7 CC's plus Program Change of 16 channels. A dump would cause a delay of ca. 8*16*1 mS = 128 mS over a single MIDI out (it's more relaxed when multiple MIDI outs are used), and this would be definitely too much, the realtime capabilities would be affected.

I also don't really want to spend too much time in implementing a complex mixer function which propably would consume more code memory than it's really worth. So, let's reduce it to the real needs, and then let's continue with the next feature...

Sorry, I think I might not have been clear about what I meant. I agree having too many settings would be too slow and not needed anyway, but what I was trying to say is that the Kurzweil system impelemts a very simple and easy to use mixermap which includes which program is on each channel & the volume and pan of each chanel. I like how you have expanded this to provide come CC information too. Would this cc setup also the the same as the CCs in the event menu? It would be great if they were different as then the CCs in the mixermap would be the initial controllers and in the event would be continually changing controllers, this would allow for a nice usage of an encoder driven editor like MB64 when merge is turned on as the initial CC value would already be there for you. If the mixermap was pattern based then perhaps each track would have its 4 ccs stored too rather than 4 per song?? Maybe I read this wrong??

With the bankstick I just meant that I would be prepared to loose 1 of the 8 IC's for this function without any problem if needed! 128 patterns per chip and 1 chip for songs is still a lot of memory, esp when hot swapable! If giving the chip up is not needed thats even better :)

3) it must be possible to select, if a parameter should be sent or not to save MIDI bandwidth. Therefore a parameter won't be sent by default (---), and has to be enabled by setting the value: 0-127, 7bit

Would this force the user to manually send them or once turned on would it become automatic in song playback?

I like all of the implementation ideas in your list, but I thought that this one

5) parameters will be stored automatically into the appr. BankStick slot whenever the page is changed (no special save button)

May cause some problems. Im imagining jamming with the seq in pattern mode (stryd_one style) and changing all the program numbers to test out other sounds, but then loosing my original settings while experimenting with the changes. Personally I would prefer to have to press save for something to be saved. I can see how not pressing the button makes for a cleaner work flow but it can also lead to experimentations becoming permanant.

If a mixermap is associated with a pattern instead of a song, it will be implicitly included in the song by pattern use and would lead to a more flexible use of prorgam/port changes in my opinion.

Also in event mode, one set of parameters for me is note cc cc cc with fixed length and vel. I might have mentioned this before, it would be a good one to have! Maybe it was in the last update, I was too busy pressing random over and over to notice :) hehehe

Also on that note, the random function is great, but I think it would be nice if it did not have to choose the steps to turn on/off ie to randomise already turned on notes, but maybe to have an alternate function of random note selection and all other values as it does now? I like its behaviour as is, this would just be an alternate usage suggestion.

Another thing that I think would be cool to implement if it made sense to do so and other people would use it... When I write drums with the seq I often find myself wanting to turn on a note, then set its number, then press another step and have that same number and velocity used there too by default until I manually choose another note number. ie write all bass drums, then write all snare drums, then hh etc. Using all doesnt quite do what I want as I may use one track for several drums. I know you mentioned a drum track being included? Maybe this could be a part of its usage? I never used V2 drum mode as my SEQ was not around for long in V2 and the drum mode looked very confusing to me (I didnt really try hard with it tho).

All the best,

John

Alright, the mixer map is implemented now after a rapid prototyping session :)

The concept has been slightly changed, as always during the implementation phase...

Some comments to John's posting:

Would this cc setup also the the same as the CCs in the event menu?

no, it works independent. It's like a MIDI controller extension.

If the mixermap was pattern based then perhaps each track would have its 4 ccs stored too rather than 4 per song?? Maybe I read this wrong??

I understand this wish, but as mentioned before, this is unfortunately not possible.

With the bankstick I just meant that I would be prepared to loose 1 of the 8 IC's for this function without any problem if needed! 128 patterns per chip and 1 chip for songs is still a lot of memory, esp when hot swapable! If giving the chip up is not needed thats even better :)

Ok, I will get rid of the idea to share the Song BankStick, and only provide an option to use an additional BankStick for Mixer Maps. The implementation will be simpler, and I don't need to take so many corner cases into account (e.g. somebody doesn't read the documentation, and uses a 32k BankStick instead of 64k)

Would this force the user to manually send them or once turned on would it become automatic in song playback?

The "---" is for the case that you won't send a controller, e.g. MIDIbox SID doesn't understand the pan controller, instead it will trigger "Voice 3 Play Note" - this is not what somebody wants, therefore all controllers are disabled by default.

May cause some problems. Im imagining jamming with the seq in pattern mode (stryd_one style) and changing all the program numbers to test out other sounds, but then loosing my original settings while experimenting with the changes. Personally I would prefer to have to press save for something to be saved. I can see how not pressing the button makes for a cleaner work flow but it can also lead to experimentations becoming permanant.

Ok, I got rid of this idea - disadvantage is now, that only two freely assignable CC's are available anymore, but the argument for a cleaner work flow is stronger.

If a mixermap is associated with a pattern instead of a song, it will be implicitly included in the song by pattern use and would lead to a more flexible use of prorgam/port changes in my opinion.

As mentioned above: I understand, but this is not possible (see also FAQMARKER)

Also in event mode, one set of parameters for me is note cc cc cc with fixed length and vel. I might have mentioned this before, it would be a good one to have! Maybe it was in the last update, I was too busy pressing random over and over to notice :) hehehe

"Note CC CC" is available since a long time (see changelog)

Also on that note, the random function is great, but I think it would be nice if it did not have to choose the steps to turn on/off ie to randomise already turned on notes, but maybe to have an alternate function of random note selection and all other values as it does now? I like its behaviour as is, this would just be an alternate usage suggestion.

I could add an option which ensures that only notes are changed

Another thing that I think would be cool to implement if it made sense to do so and other people would use it... When I write drums with the seq I often find myself wanting to turn on a note, then set its number, then press another step and have that same number and velocity used there too by default until I manually choose another note number. ie write all bass drums, then write all snare drums, then hh etc. Using all doesnt quite do what I want as I may use one track for several drums. I know you mentioned a drum track being included? Maybe this could be a part of its usage? I never used V2 drum mode as my SEQ was not around for long in V2 and the drum mode looked very confusing to me (I didnt really try hard with it tho).

As mentioned in a previous posting, drum mode is prepared, but not completely working yet. Just follow the notes in the ChangeLog, sooner or later it will either be available, or it will be removed.

The mode which is prepared is "Vel Vel Vel" (notes are fixed). The problem is, that currently the LEDs don't reflect the gate, and that the trigger buttons don't clear/set the gate. You only can control if a drum is played or not by changing the velocity.

My plan is to enhance the editor, so that the velocity (accordingly the gates for all three layers) can be controlled in a special way when the "Vel Vel Vel" mode is selected so that it behaves like a TRx0x, each track can play 3 drum lines...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Ive just had a free minute to test out the new version, I think the way the mixer is implemented seems great! Im a little confused as to which has preference for ch and out ie mixer or event menu?? Didnt get too long to play with it yet. Also are the two cc's freely assignable? If it is set that they are 91 and 93 by default then I see how to do it (didnt have time for a full test). Im really looking forward to spending some time exploring this new section in the seq, I really think this is the biggest enhancement so far!!

A quick observation, I'm not certain I'm set up right, but it seems that I can not get the program changes to come out to IIC2,3 or 4 but IIC1 is ok. Actually on IIC1 it is great, it jumps to my user bank on the K2000 (200s) without any fiddling about at all. Some expensive software sequencers have a hard time doing this without playing about with it a lot on the Kurzweil... Well done!! Im hoping that I can send to the other ports too as easily to my other gear. I tried to use the port mixer page and ch mixer page and set them all to the same as in event mode, no luck tho.

Dave: I can understand the need for such a performance controller page, but I fear that I could not offer the full flexibility, especially for controlling the note length of different tracks at the same time, this is really hard to edit (I guess you would also like to see the parameter names and not only numbers) and therefore very memory consuming. It would be much easier to create a seperate control box for such a functionality

Dave, I guess you probably have, but just in case, have you tried assigning a track to Note cc cc, defining the CC to what you want to control then going to the cc value layer and pressing all? It basically will allow realtime controls. It seems to only work when you retrigger a note tho to change the cc value. Pretty handy tho!!

Here the bugfix: open seq_dump.inc, search for function "SEQ_DUMP_StoreGlobal", go to line 401, and replace:

Code:

call    MIOS_EEPROM_Read

movff  WREG, SEQ_ROUTER_MCLK_ENABLED

by:

Code:

movff  SEQ_ROUTER_MCLK_ENABLED, WREG

call    MIOS_EEPROM_Write

does this help?

I looked in this new version and that modification seems to have already been made so I will test it out with the kurzweil sequencer shortly and post my results.

10) it should be possible to use the ALL button on the mixer map Smiley

I can see why!! Esp for CCs.

Thanks TK!!!  ;D

Im a little confused as to which has preference for ch and out ie mixer or event menu??

the mixer works totally independent from the sequencer, you can assign any ports/channels/... you want. You can even control synths or analog outputs which are not played by the sequencer, or you can use two, three or more maps to prepare the whole setup.

Didnt get too long to play with it yet. Also are the two cc's freely assignable? If it is set that they are 91 and 93 by default then I see how to do it (didnt have time for a full test).

Of course, they are free assignable for all mixer tracks seperately.

E.g., instead of Reverb and Chorus for all tracks, you could create a mixer map with the most favourite CC's of your synths.

In order to improve the handling, I've moved these two special pages to the mixer utility menu (press SELECT button). Assignment settings are not directly selectable anymore with the datawheel, I think that this is better for live usage.

Im really looking forward to spending some time exploring this new section in the seq, I really think this is the biggest enhancement so far!!

For me it was just a 4 hour hack, but it was planned since months, and finally I found a good way how to program this without wasting too much resources.

A quick observation, I'm not certain I'm set up right, but it seems that I can not get the program changes to come out to IIC2,3 or 4 but IIC1 is ok.

I don't think that this is a problem in the sequencer, Program Change uses the same code as all other parameters to select the output port.

Could you please post a RAM dump from 0x300, size 0x80?

(such a RAM dump can be made with MIOS Studio, just open the debug window and select the RAM read function)

This could help me to understand, which configuration you are using exactly.

In general the mixer map should be fully functional now.

And drum mode (TRx0x style editing of Vel/Vel/Vel tracks) as well :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Sorry to repeat myself, but this is freakin fantastic!!! Ive been spending most of my free time tonight to re set up my whole studio based around the SEQ now, esp with this mixermap section... Its working very well. All program changes, ccs etc all getting where they need to!! Awesome work TK!!!

For me it was just a 4 hour hack, but it was planned since months, and finally I found a good way how to program this without wasting too much resources.

Just goes to show that sometimes the most fancy solution isnt the most impressive feature, this feature makes this a whole new machine in my view. All its lacking is the ability to chain songs  ;D

All the best,

John

i'm using latest sequencert beta (build67) with no customization

when i select events -> layer assignement 4 or 5 (the one which should be dedicated to drum mode) i experience an odd behaviour:

it happens that when i select that track (ex G1T1), the 3 layer A,B,C are "linked" between them. so, for example, if i turn on the second note event in G1T1 A, immediately the same event is turned on also in G1T1 B and G1T1 C, making the whole track assignment useless... this happens also when i turn off the events or i select accent or roll...

do i miss something or is this a bug?

No, this isn't a bug - the details how it is working is described in the ChangeLog.

For easy usage just press "Copy Preset" within the event menu, this deselects Trigger Layer A, so that Note Layer A/B/C can be gated seperately.

Roll and Accent cannot be controlled seperately, but this is really sufficiently described in the ChangeLog, this is the only documentation source so long no user manual is available

Best Regards, Thorsten.

P.S.: merged with MBSEQ3 talk, where you can discuss such issues

• 3 weeks later...

since the new pic seems to have lots of possibilities... what about the possibility (if it's actually possible!) to setup a mode for the seq3 in order to use the 16 pots, and all the buttons (beside one to turn off this mode!) as "standard" midi controllers (CC) like the midibox16E? maybe  assignable only in the MIOS code and not by the user to not make things too complicate...

or is this already available?

The new mixer mode in the last version of the beta has the capability of being a very compact midi control system to send multiple CC's on multiple channels and ports. You can easily save a lot of programs with different configurations if you like for very easy use. This makes use of all 16 steps of encoders, but not the buttons (from what I know). I actually prefer the usage of this to any other midi controllers now.

The new mixer mode in the last version of the beta has the capability of being a very compact midi control system to send multiple CC's on multiple channels and ports. You can easily save a lot of programs with different configurations if you like for very easy use. This makes use of all 16 steps of encoders, but not the buttons (from what I know). I actually prefer the usage of this to any other midi controllers now.

great!

i didnt investigated yet the mixer mode, since i supposed not to be useful for me... i'll try soon!! :-)

if the buttons would send for example note on/note off (which are held until the second touch of the button) or CC=0 at the first touch and CC=127 at the second touch, they can be used for example to solo or mute the tracks of a PC sequencer....