Anyone built a MidiBox 64 and lives in melb australia?

tan50

Hi,

I'm a n00b, but figure the easiest way to learn is to see/talk to someone who has built on of these things.

If you live in melb, somehwere in the s.e suburbs id like to hear from you and check out ur gear, im sure you won't mind showing of all your hard work right? :)

Thanks,

I live in Melbourne, and so does stryd_one... I haven't build an MIDIbox 64 though but can help you out with finding parts.

Rockby Electronics have A LOT of good gear at good prices... I went there yesterday and the guy told me about their unadvertised "warehouse" they have next door... it was full of clearance items at ridicuoulsly cheap prices.... stuff that would make a MIDIbox builder drool... all kinds of switches, rotary pots, slide pots... whole tubes of 74HC4051 (like 24 in a tube) for $2.50 (that's what you need for the AIN module!), lots of nice aluminium knobs, screws, rack mount gear, cases, etc.

Other good vendors locally are Crest Technologies and Switches Plus, both can give you some of the exotic stuff like encoders and LCDs and PLED displays.

Anyone know a good place in melb that'll cut aluminium front panels at a reasonable price?

Ahhh, the 640000 dollar question!! Anyone got any good leads? I'd be more than satisfied to find some place that will engrave those two-layer acrylics.

We've got four of us... I reckon we should go overthrow Rockbys and claim it for the midibox community ;)

I'm probably going in this weekend if anyone wants to join the raid

I have a half built midibox that i'll be finishing when exams are over.

Anyone know a good place in melb that'll cut aluminium front panels at a reasonable price?

oh let me see let me see,

I work near bayswater, and I get alot of ppl who work in the industrial parks nearby come through our shop, one of them owns a place called Aluminium express, i dunno but that might be a lead, ill ask him next time!