MIDIbox of the Week (Footcontroller by Wild_Weasel)

Wild_Weasel

Hi folks!

Finished my MB footcontroller yesterday.

DSC00382.jpg

Nothing fancy here. Just a core (without the midi-in section and the display pots and stuff) and a DIN module cut in half so that it will only fit one shift register.

The case is from ebay and was originally used to controll a DMX light thingy, electrically very simple with a kind of resistor network and some diodes and only 2 cables leading out.

But.. made from sheet metal and therfore very rigid.

My task was to fit the 2 PCBs, a midi socket and a led. Also wrote a very very tiny C program because I couldn't upload the MB64 app.

It will be used to control ableton live; for example the scene change and stop/ play/ record/ overdub.

And here for the part most of you were waiting for...

http://stud3.tuwien.ac.at/~e0327352/midibox/midi%20pedal/

Please feel free to transfer to the midibox of the week section  ;D ;D ;D

Kind regards

Michael

Thanks to all!

The case was a foot controller for a light effect machine made by j.collins. Though I think that company doesn't exist anymore.

What I found out during the build: The oscilator also works with 22pF caps and also the caps around the 7805 are also not very sensitive for examlple is used a 220nf in place of a 330nF

Mios and the app where uploaded on another core since this one doesn't sport a midi-in optocoupler and socket.

Cheers

Michael

Very nice! Sooner or later I will build a footcontroller as well, because it can become very handy, when one hand is tweaking on MBSEQ, the other on MBSID knobs

Don't panic!  After that you still have left your mouse, your nose and your ears for programming in MIOS while playing with the sequenzer !  ;D

greets

Doc