MIDIbox of the Week (MIDIbox SID of Jack)

TK.

That is beautifull machine, Jack! Display is definitly kickass.

I am interested in black housing... I painted my Traktor controller black myself. But, your case is black inside. Was it originaly black or you painted it inside too? That pannel is made of??? and by???

Thank you guys for your comments!

The panel was made by someone on this forum. The result was not so good when you take a good look at it, and the panel was scratched on arrival. I e-mailed this person, telling him about my concerns, but he has not replied. Therefore I choose not to mention his name.

I painted the case myself. I have never heard of original black C64s. Do these exist?

Sweet Box,

was there ever a black C64 ? I don´t think so.

Concerning the panel, whoever made it... nice work so far and so close to perfect ;). Some slight modifications in the setup and in the machining-plan and it´s excellent next time.

What did it cost ?

The material looks like the brushed black eloxated aluminium, I use, too. Very, very, very difficult to work with and the pure hell to fill with color ;). Good, you didn´t try, lol.

Cheers,

Michael

Excellent work,

but let me allow one warning for other midiboxer:

I don't think, it is a good idea to put the power supply (and main power) without any case into the C64 box.

If you do so, never supply power to the box while it is opened.

Perhaps you also get some noise to the audio out?

(If I see it right it's a switching supply?)

So if you take my advise: Make a external power supply for safety reasons and for "no-trouble-with-noise" reasons. High-End equipment never houses a AC supply inside. Always external.

Please don't mind this .... always safety first. We don't want to loose anybody on the way ;D

greets

Doc

@aileroned

was there ever a black C64 ? I don´t think so.

I`ve been asked is my C64 originally black, and I aske back same question as you, because I`ve never heard there are black version. The guy said there are black C64. ??? I have about 10 C64 and they are all dirty white and light brown. Also, seams there is none of the exactly same colour and surface texture. Also they have clips on different places. They are all pretty different.

yes, it's correct, only C16 has a black case...

It doesn`t matter, they looks exactly the same. Originaly black case is better than custom made since they put pigment in the plastic in the mixing proces. Obviously C16 wasn`t popular as C64. Too bad.

really nice work, but i wouldn't built in the PSU into it too.

I think it is OK if PSU is in it as long as it is shiedled in some metal housing with ventilation holes. It is more compact that way. You don`t gave to drag around one more PSU.

• 1 month later...