Help needed with Midibox LC

dietmar

Hi,

I’m working on  24 channel LCD displays for my tascam US2400 controller. I’ve build 3 CoreModules with two LCDs for each. I’m using Nuendo and for the first LCD test I’ve routed the Midi Out of the three Mackie Controls from the tascam controller to the CoreModules and this worked perfect but I had no response to the tascam controller anymore.  So I’ve installed Midi OX and Midi yoke and routed the midi out from the three mackie controls in nuendo to midi OX and split the midi out to the tascam controller and to the core modules.

The US2400 controller and the display on Mackie control port1 are working fine but the CoreModules on Mackie control 2 and 3 are not working any more and I’ve no idea why. It seems to be a problem with the midi OX but I’ve the same routing settings for all three midi ports in Midi OX. I also get strange signs on the display of Mackie Port one when I start nuendo but when I change the pan value I get the right display. 

Has anyone an idea?

I'm not using the midi out for the CoreModules because I'm just using

the displays at the core module and no buttons.

Regards, 

Dietmar

Hi Dietmar,

I'm not completely sure, but it could be that you forgot to change the emulation mode to "Mackie Control XT" for the second and third core (LC_EMULATION_ID should be set to 0x15) - if Nuendo can only handle one master unit, this would be the solution

If this isn't the solution, I have no other idea...

Best Regards, Thorsten.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick thought on your problem:

If I'm right, you don't use the connector J5 of the cores. Right?

Please ensure in that case, that the pins A0 through A7 of Connector J5 from the core are grounded.

This just because you wrote something about strange signals. It may be a try to ground the analog signals of the cores (J5. Pin A0 to A7)

greets

DOC

Hi Dietmar,

I'm very interested to see your results with your build, I myself am looking for a scribble strip / meter bridge solution for our us2400. Would you be willing to share photos of your build and perhaps a plan of how you went about it?

Thanks in advance,

Rich Tamblyn

Why not use an external MIDI-Thru to split the signal?

http://www.ucapps.de/midibox/midi_thru.gif

- connect the MIDI Out from your host to A3/B3

- connect the output of Y3 to A1/B1 and A2/B2

- so you'll get 3 "amplified" MIDI Outs at Y1, Y2 and Y4

Google for "DIY MIDI Thru"... I once saw some complete DIY shematics

Greets, Roger

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dietmar,

Did you see over at the Tascam forum that downtownpauly had managed to translate the output of the Native mode of the US2400 thru MidiOX and MidiYOKE to allow you to personalise every function of the unit within Nuendo?

Here's the link: http://tascamforums.com/index.php?showtopic=16036&st=0

I wonder if this would help your development of the LCD screens?

How is it all coming along? Any pics?  :)

Cheers,

Rich

• 5 years later...

hey, tascam forum has been abandoned, any idea how to find out more about getting scribble strip and meters for the US-2400? This is my custom console I had built to fit the US-2400 as a flush-mount rather than table-top. The space I have to work with is limited but I think the best option is running 3 10" LCD screens and use data sent via MIDI if possible. Please let me know where to go from there if possible. Thanks.

RezMax

post-11202-0-09291400-1345686048_thumb.j

Edited by RezMax