Design licence/ licence infos

SounDuke

Sorry, maybe I took the wrong board to ask this, but I'd like to clarify my mind.

Here's the situation: after building my range of midiboxes, I'm going to have concerts and I'm going to be the subject of videos and photos, to promote my performances. The fact is that I don't know how to handle the legal side. Maybe Thorsten could tell me what I missed in the licence infos.

Regarding the personal design (exterior, shape etc.) of the midibox which I argue is not something which lies under the terms of MBHP licence, is there a way to licence it? I don't like the idea to protect even the design, but I want to know more about it.

In addition to this, I will obviously state if asked that the name of this marvelous platform is Thorsten, but I would like to know what is the best behaviour Thorsten thinks one should go ahead when speaking in public of the midiboxes he uses.

Thanks for the attention, and again sorry if I used unproperly this board.

Hi SounDuke,

Regarding the personal design (exterior, shape etc.) of the midibox which I argue is not something which lies under the terms of MBHP licence, is there a way to licence it? I don't like the idea to protect even the design, but I want to know more about it.

I cannot say so much about this topic without discussing this with a lawyer ;-)

In addition to this, I will obviously state if asked that the name of this marvelous platform is Thorsten, but I would like to know what is the best behaviour Thorsten thinks one should go ahead when speaking in public of the midiboxes he uses.

Just mention, that you built the controller by yourself based on on plans from midibox.org

You don't need to highlight this in each second sentence, but at least a reference to the sources one time would be a respectable way.

And of course: I would be happy if you could send me article scans, CDs, videos, etc... where my projects are mentioned :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.