position of pots when midibox is plugged on

jeb

hello,

i have finished my midibox ; it works fine... but just a question :

when i load my vst instrument, it doesn't remember the last position of the pots...

so the pots aren't at the position they are on the software...

so i would like to :

- when i switch on the midibox (or when i turn the first pots of the session since

i switched on), the midibox should send midi messages corresponding to the position

of "all" pots... is it possible ?

ps : i have a midibox with AIN for pots (analog) and DIN (for switch buttons), no LCD

thanx in advance,

jeb

Jeb

I am by no means an expert, but I would suggest you do the following at the end of your MIOS_Init() (assuming you're doing this in C, otherwise you will have to do the likewise in asm).

Loop through all your AIN pins, grab the 7bit value and transmit MIDI accordingly.

this function returns the value of the pot:

unsigned char MIOS_AIN_Pin7bitGet(unsigned char ain_pin_number);

Create a function that transmits your MIDI message containing the value of the pot position like so:

for(i = 0; i < numpots; i++) {
	TransmitMIDI_Message( MIOS_AIN_Pin7bitGet(i) );
}

so the pots aren't at the position they are on the software...

... do you really want that?

The Position of your MIDIBox Pots have no meaning to the position (timeline) of your DAW project.

Assuming you open another project: Your position of the pots is wrong but the PlugIn setting stored in the DAW is how you left finishing the project the last time you worked on it. If the MIDIBox sends now the actual pot positions to your DAW, your PlugIn settings are way off of what you want to hear.

Greets, Roger