"playing" the MIDIbox FM

fluke

I'm attempting to design a new control surface for the MIDIbox FM i'm building.  I've got a PalmPilot and 6 encoders and i'll probably add some duo-led/buttons.  I'm not sure how the existing control surface is used, so i not sure which parts of it i should keep.  From the videos of the MIDIbox Seq and MIDIbox SID in 303 mode, it seems important to have as many buttons as possible for quick access to the paramters.  But is the MIDIbox FM used "realtime" so much?  Should i just concentrate on just making a good "offline" editor for setting up the patches and then not touching it while playing a keyboard?

What i'm really asking is, how do people use their MIDIbox FMs?

Hi,

I would propose to play a little with the JSynthLib based editor, it gives you a good impression about all the parameters, and you can already control your MBFM w/o any control surface in order to play with the parameters.

What i'm really asking is, how do people use their MIDIbox FMs?

I think that I don't need to answer here, since my workflow is described in the user manual :)

Best Regards, Thorsten.