MBHP CORE infos

scube

Hello,

I'm frequenting Ucapps website and forum since some months but I did not start my Midibox yet.. this is because I'd like to understand with accuracy how the Midibox elements work. My answer : How the MBHP CORE manages different sound chip modules? We can wire a SID module such as OPL3 module even if they have a really different architecture. Does the MIOS contain generic instructions for every 8 bit sound chip or does it contain specific code for every sound chip?

Mmmm I don't know if it's clear, my english and the beers of last night don't help me  :P

I can explain better using an example (pls consider this like an example, I'm a super newbe) : If I build a SN76489AN sound chip based module, can I connect it directly to the MBHP CORE?

Hope it's clear

Scube

P.S. it should be a great idea...my CBS Colecovision (SN76489AN sound chip) has fantastic bass sound.

The application you load onto the PIC in your CORE module controls how the CORE interfaces with other modules. Your SN76489AN module would conceivably work, but you'd need to write a MIOS interface program to work with it.

Thanks, now it's more clear. So, every module need a specific application like this?

MIOS / Download Section / complete applications / midibox_fm_v1_1.zip

Thanks again

Scube