Motorpots

scube

Hello,

I know that you recently discussed about motorpots "ALPS 10KBX2" but I don't find anything about them on google. Moreover, the Ucapps MF module page tells me that "They are working without problems, since they are very slow compared to faders." So, my first question is : is the following motorpot suitable for MF module? If yes, do you think it is fast enough?

http://sakae-tsushin.co.jp/eng_page/item/pmp.html

http://www.megex.ch/M_Motor_pot.pdf

The low cost model MPH22A7FCP22E, if I understand well it need about 1 sec for 300 degree (1-turn pot.). I'm searching on google using motorpots - motorized pot / potentiometers - motor potentiometers.. a lot of keywords but I did not found a lot of motorpots... do you have other links?

Thanks,

Scube

The low cost model MPH22A7FCP22E
Not to change the subject Scube, but where exactly is that thing "low cost". I remember looking at the stuff when that thread was up, and couldn't even find dealers for any of it (I'm in the US).

George

PS- I think I've asked before, but has anyone ever done a "pot/fader set" mode, like on the non-motorized JLCooper stuff? On those, you hold the shift key and move a fader, and instead of sending fader messages, it compares the current (received) value with the fader's value, and lights either of a pair of LEDs inside two directional arrows, to tell you which way the pot/fader needs to be moved to synchronize with the current values. It doesn't take but a minute to set the whole box (8 faders and 6 knobs) 

Not to change the subject Scube, but where exactly is that thing "low cost". I remember looking at the stuff when that thread was up, and couldn't even find dealers for any of it (I'm in the US).

Hello George, thanks for your quick answer. I'm sorry, I think I don't understand well your question. Are you asking me where are the specifications for that "low cost" model? Do you think I have to change the subject of my post? I'm Italian and 1) here is 2.20 am 2) my english is not perfect  :)

Scube

Hey again.

Sorry I sometimes forget we're speaking to people from all over the world. :)

No, your post was fine. I just didn't want to come in and turn it into something else without having an answer to your question. I guess neither of us know where to get the cheap motor pots. ;)

George

PS- Your English is fine too. I couldn't even tell that wasn't your main language.

Thanks for your clarification George  :)

OK, I'm doing other searches and I found the following...approx. 4$ for each one!

Anyway, the second link contains an useful customer comment

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G9962

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/MPOT-20K/search/DUAL_20K_LINEAR_TAPER_MOTORIZED_POT_.html

This item is a linear pot...do I need a log one?

Scube

Scube,

Much thanks! :)

That's the type of "cheap" I was thinking of ($4). I was afraid they were like $50 each. :o

Yes, you need the "linear" taper, as they're actually controlling digital circuitry. The normal pots and faders here are 10k, but there have been many threads on using higher values. I think people talk about using 50k and stuff once in a while, so I think 20 is OK.

** Get a second opinion from someone who knows the motor parts here before you buy any though.

Anybody here that can verify that for him?

Take Care,

George

edit---- "Dual" (stereo) shouldn't be necessary for most stuff either.

Yes, it's cheap but it's also quite slow (obviously)  :'( We can read :

"At 6 Vdc the pot varies from minimum to maximum resistance, or vice versa in about 8 seconds."

I assume that this motorpot cannot be used for realtime external control.. My new question : what happens when the external signal is faster that 8 seconds?

Scube

p.s. another useful search keyword is "motorized servos"