Where is the led matrix?

scube

Hey again Scube,

I think there's one of the example apps in the MIOS download section pertaining to the SID LED display or something. Been meaning to look into that myself (been holding a handful of 4x4 red matrix displays).

Never did see an answer to that motorpot thing.  :'(

George

Hey again Scube,

I think there's one of the example apps in the MIOS download section pertaining to the SID LED display or something. Been meaning to look into that myself (been holding a handful of 4x4 red matrix displays).

Never did see an answer to that motorpot thing.  :'(

George

Thanks Jidis,

I will find better in ucapps website even if it's strange that there are not dedicated pages for Led matrix  ???

Anyway..I'm searching other motorpots and you can be sure I will inform you if I will have good news  ;)

Scube

Speaking of these things:

I've been holding a few red 4x4's I got last year. Scube has me interested in them again. ;)

I don't appear to have a datasheet for them. If anybody knows the pinout or the procedure for mapping it out myself, I'd appreciate it.

They show as being Sharp brand. On the side, they say " .S  LT  5107D  5 ". They have two rows of 4 pins.

Thanks,

George

Scube,

The example app I was talking about is this one:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios/mbsid_led_matrix_test.zip

AFAIK, there really isn't the same sort of documentation or tutorials for the matrix stuff (LED or buttons), unless you're using the exact same configuration as one of the existing apps. The more standard components (pots, lights & switches) seem to have many "preference variables" in a bunch of TK's code, where you can just plug in your own numbers and be ready to go. Unfortunately, with the matrix, you may need to do a bit more, but the examples and apps which use them should at least show you what you're trying to do (thanks to some really good commenting in the source files). There have also been a few discussions on custom matrix work in here which may have what you need to know.

Hope you can get it going,

George