128 Analog inputs

zeh

Hi Forum,

i was searching for about 2 hours now, i cant find the answer.

i want to midify an old audiomixer, which has 128 analog, and 96 digital buttons/pots/faders

is it possible to connect 128 analog inputs ? i dont understand that core slave stuff. is it possible to connect 2xAINX to one core, 2xAINX to another core, and then connect the 2 cores? if this will result in 2 different midi outputs, or is it one ?

i read about the midibox NG, wich allows connection of 128 analog inputs, but i cant find it anywhere. is it dead ?

thanks in advance

-zeh

Hi zeh,

these are some good questions:

- I found the answer in the C function-listing:

up to 64 pots can be connected via AIN multiplexers

So only two AIN-modules can be connected to one Core.

- You can find an explanation of the LINK concept here: http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_link.html

basically, the two cores are interconnected and the midi stream gets "tunneled" so you only have one MIDI I/O. The downside of it is that I doubt linking is supported by any prewritten MB Midi-Controller application (like MB64/E), so you'd have to program your own app. But the linking-features are nearly all handled by MIOS, so if you got some minimal experience in programming, it shouldn't be a big problem...

You may want to take a look at the function listing to get an impression:

http://www.ucapps.de/cmios_fun.html

As you could use the source of the "ain64_din128_dout128" application as starting point, I think it's a manageable task :)

See C-Applications on bottom of the download page.

- and I can't find anything about the NG, too. sorry  :-\

hope this helps a bit ;)

best regards,

Michael

of course, this helps. its time to start coding mios stuff i think. i have managed to never code any line of mios code until now :) but i think the time has come. i will try it. many posts will follow :) but i will build the hardware stuff first.

thanks!

-zeh

• 2 weeks later...

The only time I found references to the MIDIbox NG it was used also referred to as the LC, could the two be the same? I can't find any references to how many AINs the LC can handle when you're not using motorfaders, at least in the time I have available at work while my boss is out of the office...

The only time I found references to the MIDIbox NG it was used also referred to as the LC, could the two be the same?

Yepp

I can't find any references to how many AINs the LC can handle when you're not using motorfaders

Furthermore: I also can't find anything that even a single AIN is supportet in the LC.

I think AIN was never the intention of the LC.

greets

Doc