MidiBox LC sysex

mr_DK

hello,

I recently joined midibox and bought all modules necessary for building a midibox LC. I want to make an emulation of the mackie control, but I have a few questions:

-I want to make my controller a little different than the mackie control (2 more encoders on each channel) is it than still possible for software (here cakewalk producer edition) to recognise it as a mackie control?

-I want to program my modules in C because I can't program in assembler, so I have to write parts of the software and I got stuck on the sysex part, When I say in cakewalk that I have a mackie control surface connected it starts sending these sysex messages:

F0 00 00 66 14 1A 00 F7 and F0 00 00 66 15 1A 00 F7, I already discovered that the 14 and 15 are the control surface and the extension control surface. But now I don't know what my midibox should answer so that cakewalk will recognize it as a mackie control...

The fact why I don't use the standard LC assembler version is because I find no way to connect  2 2x20 LCD displays to it, so if someone knows how to do this I would be glad to here this.

Hope someone out here can help me...

Thanks already!

Best regards

Hans

Hi Hans,

I don't know if any host allows to use additional encoders (I don't think so)

Concering SysEx in C: some time ago I started with a MBLC implementation in C, but I never finished it. Only thing which is missing (so far I remember) is the support for the MTC LED digits.

The alpha version is located here: http://www.ucapps.de/mios/midibox_lc_v2_0_alpha1.zip

The SysEx handler can be found in lc_sysex.c

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hello,

re

[ When I say in cakewalk that I have a mackie control surface connected it starts sending these sysex messages:

F0 00 00 66 14 1A 00 F7 and F0 00 00 66 15 1A 00 F7, I already discovered that the 14 and 15 are the control surface and the extension control surface. But now I don't know what my midibox should answer so that cakewalk will recognize it as a mackie control...]

I just started messing with connecting a Logic Control/XT with Max/MSP. All the information necessary for host query/connection sys ex is contained within the LogicPro Dedicated Control Surface Support Manual. i had a bit of a headache working out the algorithms for the connection query response, but that was mostly due to my lack of knowledge of binary operation math symbols!

Just head for page 239 onwards, and substitute 16 & 17 (Logic Control/XT id) for 14 & 15  (Mackie Control/XT ids I am presuming from your post) and you should be good.

Having said all that, I can't really help with the Midibox programming end of things - sorry!

Good luck

leigh

hi,

thanks to you all! very interesting information, I'll have a look at the alpha version of mr TK and may be so I can support the MidiBox site a little... But now I can continue building my mblc without any doubts... But you think it is possible to connect 2 2x20 LCDs to the module right? Software I guess is no problem, it's more the hardware solutions...

I saw a mbLC in the gallery which had this set-up, If someone knows how to give me a hand with those I would really appreciate that!

Thanks for all the replies again!!

Best regards

Hans