MB64 Merger option doesn't filter incoming events

sarnold

Hi all,

I configured my MB64 (v.2.4 on MIOS 1.9c) to control the DOUTs by recieved MIDI status for the Button entries. MIDI Merger option is ON.

I have Button #12 mapped to Channel 1 CC#60 OnOnly. When I send this CC to the box, LED #12 is on. But additionally, the CC is send on MIDI OUT of the Midibox. Shouldn't the merger filter out the events that are handled by the Midibox? This way, my host application will recieve CC#60 again and send the status again and we've got a loop.

The only solution for me would be a MIDI setup where don't need the merge function. Currently, there is a MIDI Router before the MB64 - I think I could manage to get it after the MB64 somehow....

Thank you for the help!

Sebastian

Hi spanky,

Shouldn't the merger filter out the events that are handled by the Midibox?

Well, I'm not sure about the exact options required to set up a MB64, but the merger does what it's name applies, it merges the incoming with the outgoing signals and sends out all of them. That way it is possible to build a chain of midi devices.

You should enable the merger option only if you're connecting another device to the IN-port of your core or if you're planning to interconnect (link) different core. If your setup is PC->MB64->PC you should set the merger to OFF.

best regards,

Michael

The MIDIbox64 page lists unter "Features":

MIDI-Merger

MIDI event filter for the merger

and I think I've used this some months ago and it worked. (?)

In my current setup I need the merger, because there is MIDI data that should pass the MB64 into the PC. As I said before, I could manage to insert this data after the MB64 into the MIDI chain - but this won't be the best solution for me.

Best regards

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

the MIDI event filter is the Link Option, only devices which can handle the MIDIbox Link can send "tunnled events" like described here: http://www.ucapps.de/midibox_link.html

Which device is exactly connected before the MIDIbox, and which events does it send? Maybe there is an easy to implement solution for your special case

Best Regards, Thorsten.