Connecting both a DIN and a DOUT

Guest Mick Berg

Guest Mick Berg

Hi.

How do you connect both a DOUT and a DIN to the same core using the SmashTV PCB's, since J8 and J9 are on the same header. Can someone explain please!

Thanks,

Mick Berg.

Hi Guys

You can use SIL connectors....but it is easier to use a 1:1 ribbon cable with 3 DIL connectors.....please see http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=8300.5 , last message in the thread.

Sorry for not linking directly to the message, I'm on the palm and the forum WAP mode only gives a thread url.

Also that explanation is not so great, so let me know if it creates more questions than answers.  ;)

Best Regards

SmashTV

Guest Mick Berg

Ah well.

By the way, Smash, I think you should update your website to reflect Rev.4 of your PCB's. I was confused for a while, as the documentation refers to Rev.3.

Also, I expect you know this, but the pinouts of the 10-pin input headers on the DIN board are still flopped in Rev. 4, ie 1,0,3,2,5,4,7,6. Your errata should point this out.

Otherwise I'm very happy.

Mick Berg.

• 2 months later...

Hi.

How do you connect both a DOUT and a DIN to the same core using the SmashTV PCB's, since J8 and J9 are on the same header. Can someone explain please!

Thanks,

Mick Berg.

I used a double-row header, 10-pin IDC (I found one in an old serial port riser cable). Then I separated each wire and joined both even and odd wires to two separate 5-pin SIL connector. Then, in this Y-shaped cable, I guessed which was the DIN and which was the DOUT :P

Best regards,

Enrico