The making of LX's MidiBox

LX

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are working 2 years on this thing and now you are showing first pictures? That is not fair! But still, you are my next idol. Very good organisation, and extremly clean work. I can see great effort and love you put in it. I know how hard is it to wait to finish it but seams you do it slow but rght. MUCH respect man!

You are working 2 years on this thing and now you are showing first pictures?

I prepare and study about 1 year...I need to find all possibilites for maximal best :) configuration my machine. I don't know nothing about Eagl, Asembler, TK's core and  modules....It was hard work for me to understant whole system. Than some tests and than production...;D  and making pfotos.

I didn't wont show pictures before finishing layout  ;) It am I. Now I haven't complete finish 100% layout as well but it are some cosmetics adjustments. ;)

B.R.  LX

I prepare and study about 1 year...I need to find all possibilites for maximal best :) configuration my machine. I don't know nothing about Eagl, Asembler, TK's core and  modules....It was hard work for me to understant whole system. Than some tests and than production...;D  and making pfotos.

Very impressive man. It's a lot to learn huh! I look forward to seeing the final product :)

This can't be your first electronics project can it?

That is exactly what I tought when saw this boards. I don`t say it is not truth but it is hard to belive. For boards like this, controller should be compleetly transparent. It is shame to keep it in tidy like that hidden. What is the use of housing if it don`t have mess to hide?  ;D ;D ;D

I don't mean to detract from LX's excellent work, but I thought I should say, that such neat cabling is just a case of measuring things properly. It's entirely believable that such a thing could be a first project, it just take a perfectionist, and a lot of time :)

Stryd, you are right about cabeling, but you can`t say you need to be perfectionist for good SMD soldering. Did you see other SMD PCBs he made. Stunning for begginer even after 2  years of learning! But, you dont need just to learn, you need alot of practice to solder like that. I made so meny PCBs, but still hesitate to try SMD soldering, and I think my soldering skills are pretty good. Annyway, it don`t matter is he really begginer, his work is impresive. Keep on LX!  ;)

This can't be your first electronics project can it?

I never said that I can't solder before my first Midibox project. I was employee of one mobile(phone) firm for 2 month 7 years ago.

There I learn solderig like repairman. But I never produce self boards. This I learned for 1 year.  :)

This is my first tests with universal boars and midibox...

4DIN module

din-back.jpg

4DOUT module

dout-back.jpg

dout-front.jpg

My test board... ;)

testboard2.jpg

complete.jpg

this was my kitchen... :)

In next reply I explain How easy solder SMD...(It wants think up good procedure) ;D

B.R.

LX

I never said that I can't solder before my first Midibox project. I was employee of one mobile(phone) firm for 2 month 7 years ago.

There I learn solderig like repairman. But I never produce self boards. This I learned for 1 year.  :)

I must say they taught you well and you must be blessed with much patience! :)

Did you build tests for everything you are making?