LX

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wilba, I must say that Multimec switches looks great but they are pretty much stiff and have loud click. Overall feeling is not so nice, or to be honest, I was pretty much disappointed when I received some samples from Multimec. Anyway, quality is very good. I wanted to buy just caps and glue them on the other buttons that I like. The black ones that Ladislav uses for triggering the Live`s clips have really nice feeling.

Wilba, I must say that Multimec switches looks great but they are pretty much stiff and have loud click. Overall feeling is not so nice, or to be honest, I was pretty much disappointed when I received some samples from Multimec.

I like them for like "left/right-arrow"-functions... for stepping through a menu (e.g. Navimec... which are actually only the caps. - The switches used for Navimec are Multimec). Using them for Channel functions I made exactly the same experience like Sasha. - Not nice.

Greets, Roger

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I forgetting this topic for long time  :-\ but my time is the reason  ;)

So, there is some news and my possible construction solution...

I finished all my BUTTONS modules

LX%20BUTTONS%20all%2001.jpg

LX%20BUTTONS%20all%2002.jpg

I finished all my ENC modules

LX%20ENC%2001.jpg

LX%20ENC%2004.jpg

LX%20ENC%2006.jpg

Some additional boards

LX%20CONNECTORS%202.3%2001.jpg

LX%20MENU%203.5%2005.jpg

LX%20MENU%203.5%2004.jpg

I prepare bottom metalplate box

case%2003.jpg

And Im still modifying front panel for next control solution before final cutting plate

quantization.jpg

And my last idea is this...

pot value indication 01.JPG

To this idea takes me Sasa. Thanks! I saw your design development of front panel where was Idea with LEDbars near his faders. He explain it like pointers of pot value (instead of motorfader). I use only 2 LEDs for indicating direction of difference between virtual and real position of fader. The LED which indicating direction will be flash different speed acording to value of difference from virtual position. >> value 128 - still light, 96 - most slow flash, ....., 01 - most quickly flash. Than I know how quickly I must turn pot to right position = difference is 0 -> start sending event and indication LED switch off.

This indication function I can control by one button >> switch on(show differences)/switch off (disable function)

I can have 16 tracks instead 8 => 2 groups by 8 faders.

I will be less cry becouse I havent motorfader  ;)

Same principle I want to use for knobs. left/right direction

pot value indication 02.JPG

There I hide SMD LEDs under knobs cups, becouse meny visible leds aroud knobs is make layout more blind. Light will be shine through gap between cap and frontpanel. I test it and it looks like very decently.

I havent still user program for it but I know aroud way how to do it. Now I must more study TKs asembler technique  :)

Best regards

LX

Very nice work and beautiful boards!

But I can't suppress the comment, that i find "LEDs for indicating direction of difference between virtual and real position of fader. " a little bit stone age. I remember the time almost 20 years ago, when I had to work on VCA controlled desks which all had this "direction thingy" and it was a pain in the a.. to work with it.

But again: Great work... and everybody has his own taste in intuitive features.

Greets, Roger

Yes you are right  :-\

I was start my project 4 years ago and I didnt knew if I finish all my plan. therefore I didnt pay a lot of money for motorfader. Now when I would be start project again I use motorfaders definetely. So I try to modificate my box to motorfader for two month but I dont find any Panasonic MF it is good for my box dimensions. I get only ALPS but these are too big and I would be make again my FADER boards. I plan anyway use faders for punch in-out tracks and for it is LED indication suffice. So, anyway I regred it  :'(

BR

LX

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

So, I still thought about my faders and switching groups (track 1-8 and 9-16). Well, OK I go to the motorfaders!

It means more time, money, more screws in frontpanel, next core, different power supply and wasted finished FDR boards, but result will be more fine ;)

I can make better boards, because my experience is at higher level since the time when I design FDR boards.

I change buttons near the faders too. MEC buttons looks good but the functionality is worse (hard press, strong click). OMG, so much money I must pay for them :-[ I hold only caps but buttons will be different (my favourite button, which I use for starting clips). Sasa told me this solution any years ago and he is right.

So, watch the progress at http://lx.vanuatuss.org/index.php?pg=news&lang=en

LX

• 2 months later...