AIN Question.

thetimboroni

Ok.  I've got only a few weeks to finish my project b/c I'm doing it for school.  This seems like a very stupid question but I need to know.

Where do the +5V and Common leads end up?  I understand the picture represented in the Walkthrough that represents the "starlike" diagram of wiring, but don't know where to terminate the wires.  The best I can come up w/ is that the ground goes to the extra Vs poking out on J5, however still unsure where the +5V will go.

Also, on the new PCBs (for AIN) by SmashTv I need some clarification on J7-J10.  It seems to me that J7 Vd and Vs will go into the two Vd's on the far right of J1.  Then J8 Vd and Vs will go into the two Vd's on the far right of J2... etc.  Is this correct?

Thanks guys.

tim.

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you properly, but here goes.

rule 1 - clamp any unused inputs to ground - so any unused inputs on j1 - j4 need to be grounded.

J5 of the AIN connects to the core.

J7 - J10 of the AIN are the power for the pots (vs + vd)

J1 - J4 of the AIN also have a Vd pin there which also can to be connected to the pots.

see http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_ainx4_64pots.pdf for a wiring diagram.

see also: http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/mbhp_ainR3.html

yea trust me i've looked over both of those extensively.  however, the wiring diagram is different from the new AIN R3 module.  On the old one there is only one J7.  On the new one there are J7-J10. 

Here's my new guess:

J7 Vs and Vd will be the +5V  and the Common for 8 of my pots.

J8 Vs and Vd will be the +5V and the Common for 8 more pots.

J9...

J10...

Which then leads me to the question, if I use the Vd on J7-10, I don't need to use the Vd on J1-4 right?

thanks again.