Problems uploading application

joost_db

I just uploaded the MIOS with no problems.  I then download midibox64_v2_4.zip (which i think is what i need right for a midibox64) and attempt to upload the file and it gives me the message "Starting upload of main.HEX

Sending block 00003000-000030FF" and then sits there doing nothing for 60 minutes.  At this point I conclude something must have gone wrong, hit "Stop" to try again and same problem.  Now when i power on the core I get the message "MIOS v1.9D ©2007 T. Klose" and then the screen goes blank.  The LED on the LTC module that was blinking every 2 sec before the MIOS was uploaded (i guess sending upload request signals) blinks once when the core is powered and then stays lit.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong here????

Thanks, Joost

hi,

The LED on the LTC module that was blinking every 2 sec before the MIOS was uploaded

that's normal, it's the upload requeqt that the bootstrap loader send..

blinks once when the core is powered and then stays lit.

seems like wrong upload (of mios or app)

Now when i power on the core I get the message "MIOS v1.9D ©2007 T. Klose" and then the screen goes blank.

after the message "T.Klose....", your LCD must show "ready"

to upload mios correctly the best way is to mark the case called "wait for upload request before starting upload" and "smart mode", then press start button and power on your box..But you seems to have done the mios upload right..

then you can upload ther app'.

For the application, you have to uncheck the case "wait for upload request before starting upload", keep the smart option on  and start the upload...

After i uploaded the mios the first time and then when i booted it said "Mios v1.9d......" and then something like "MIOS is up to date with the lastest version"

Then when i tried uploading the application when the screen started going blank.....

What you have suggested is what i have been trying....is it possible somehow to empty the core and re-update the  Mios and try the app a second time?

Joost

have you done the MIDI troubleshooting? :

http://www.ucapps.de/howto_debug_midi.html

check the message in your MIOS Studio Input monitor and compare them to those in the MIDI troubleshooting pages

maybe you can try first to upload the app Ain/Dout and Din not connected to the core.

What I think: MIOS seems to be correctly uploaded, but something make it freezing as soon as it's initialized...maybe the problem come from your LTC module or some short on your led/buton interface?

But not sure, it's better you wait for more comments...

I figured it out.

I wasnt getting upload requests in mios studio when i powered the core.  UNLESS (get this) i restart mios studio and re-configure midi routing.  I then power the core and get a single upload request message.

First i tried uploading a new MIOS but got an error.

Then i try the midibox64 app...and it upload beautifully!  WEIRD

maybe this is a bug in mios studio?

Now the core is sending LOTS of midi messages from channels 11-16, values randomly less than 12.  Why could this be?  I have a single pot attached as such http://www.jdb-design.com/DSC00007(Large).JPG.

UNLESS (get this) i restart mios studio and re-configure midi routing.

it happen to me too that MIOS Studio lost the MIDI connection (i'm using a MIDIman 2*2 USB interface)

Now the core is sending LOTS of midi messages from channels 11-16, values randomly less than 12.  Why could this be?

have you edited the app  (number of connected pot, butons...and most important to set J5 as Analog input for pot (as I remenmber MB64 is originaly configured to use Ain module instead of J5 as direct connection to the pots)..

if you don't know how to configure/re-compile the app, follow the instructions on Ucapps...

it happen to me too that MIOS Studio lost the MIDI connection (i'm using a MIDIman 2*2 USB interface)

Same on a soundblaster live with a crap cable. Despite the ghetto budget gear, the fault here is with Java.

Ahh Java; you can't live with it, you can't fdisk every machine that ever had it installed. It's a paradox I deal with daily.