Adaption of Waldorf Nano

compuzik

I already made some pictures. So i have taken your suggestion and mailed it back to them.

I got a reply from Use Audio

asx._Use-Audio.jpg

VIN_KYBD = 9 Volt

The little square IC on the right is a ISL6402 which convert the 9 Volt to the required 3,3 Volt for the SHARC DSP.

Edited by Shuriken

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Use-Audio regarding the Pinout. :D

That is just what I checked on my own.

The Plugiator power and MIDI connector board have an extra condensator though.

MIDI In an MIDI Thru connexion are already available from the manual, what you miss is just the PinOut.

I can check it for you but the best would be Use-Audio information ...

From what I checked inside the Plugiator, there is nothing more than 5 pin MIDI connectors necessary.

Edited by HUROLURA

The first idea is what I would like but more than one CORE would be neceassary and ... I do not have the room for such thing !!!

The second idea I had is more or less a kind of MIDIBOX 64.

So Mios8 should be enough.

As already mentionned I only have a MIOS32 board.

And my idea would also be to design something I could you use also with over synth by selecting a different mapping (CreamWare NOAH, Waldorf MicroQ, Soundart Chameleon Australis ...).

So maybe some more memory would be more flexible. And I could still add a small steseq goodie afterward.

OK I just spent the last 15 minutes to finish my first MIOS32 MIDIBOX to house an ASX synth board.

As you advice, I took one picture of it.

Here it is:

post-6970-127007140661_thumb.jpg

I thought I should call it the ApFool 01

This is just a preliminary version and I think I could improve it further.

Maybe it is a bit in advance on its time.

What do you think about it ?

Edited by HUROLURA

The first idea is what I would like but more than one CORE would be neceassary and ... I do not have the room for such thing !!!

The second idea I had is more or less a kind of MIDIBOX 64.

So Mios8 should be enough.

As already mentionned I only have a MIOS32 board.

And my idea would also be to design something I could you use also with over synth by selecting a different mapping (CreamWare NOAH, Waldorf MicroQ, Soundart Chameleon Australis ...).

So maybe some more memory would be more flexible. And I could still add a small steseq goodie afterward.

Well that's my problem as well, i don't have room to house such a massive device.

Maybe Mios8 would suffice. But then again if you consider combining a controller, simple sequencer and graphical lcd then maybe it's to much for a PIC based device. So i am definatly considering a STM32 based device. For which i would need to brush up on my C programming skills as there is no code available for Midibox 64.

I also would need to order a STM32 from Smash (love Smash but hate the high shipping costs :pinch:). Will think about it over the weekend. But it may also pose a nice programming challenge for me.

So i am definatly considering a STM32 based device. For which i would need to brush up on my C programming skills as there is no code available for Midibox 64.

I also would need to order a STM32 from Smash (love Smash but hate the high shipping costs :pinch:). Will think about it over the weekend. But it may also pose a nice programming challenge for me.

Regarding the Midibox 64 upgrade to the Core32, maybe we can work together on it at first, share it with other members here and then customize it to our specific needs.

I just had a look at the USB_Midi_2x2 which could be a good starting point.

OK I just spent the last 15 minutes to finish my first MIOS32 MIDIBOX to house an ASX synth board.As you advice, I took one picture of it.Here it is:post-6970-127007140661_thumb.jpgI thought I should call it the ApFool 01This is just a preliminary version and I think I could improve it further.Maybe it is a bit in advance on its time.What do you think about it ?

OK, so as Philetaylor, this one is not a real MIDIBOXed device (so far).

The only DIY part are the wood panel.

But the MIDIBOX I think I would like to build would probably integrate some features to control ASB invisible features (knobs for FX control and realtime control through pitch bend, modwheel, velocity and aftertouch).

So the chalenge for me is first to imagine a way to provide access to multiple external synth including ASBs, ASX/Plugiator, NOAH Ex, Chameleon, and maybe a few Waldorf gear. I must admit it is a rather ambitious project but that's mine.

The second step would be to build it up !!!

Regarding the Midibox 64 upgrade to the Core32, maybe we can work together on it at first, share it with other members here and then customize it to our specific needs.

I just had a look at the USB_Midi_2x2 which could be a good starting point.

Maybe we could. To get things started on my end, i have ordered STM32 Core from Smash.

This one would be the most flexible as it could be re-arranged for any use.

But I do not feel this would be the most user friendly. I would miss some extra knob.

I thought about using the same kind of display but beside a more synth structured "classic" Midibox.

This one would be the most flexible as it could be re-arranged for any use.

But I do not feel this would be the most user friendly. I would miss some extra knob.

I thought about using the same kind of display but beside a more synth structured "classic" Midibox.

No i agree, with the current layout its not so user friendly. With Core32 you can also use DOGXL160-7 160 x 104 grafical display. So i might be easier to make a user friendly gui.

I wrote the drivers for the DOG and DOGXL graphical displays and they still use the CORE32 LCD connectors by bit-banging SPI on them.

Interestingly when I first tested the original DOG CLCD display (which had both parallel and SPI option) using a core8 The parallel was slower (using TK's LCD benchmark) than the SPI version!

As an aside, There is also a simple window environment called UCWindows that I have adapted for MIOS32 which has windows/buttons/faders/pots etc. It is still a work-in-progress but available as a module on svn.

EDIT: Also, if you use one of the hardware SPI interfaces with DMA, it would be more efficient than any other option but you would lose either DIN/DOUT chain or ETHernet/SDCard.

Cheers

Phil

Edited by philetaylor

OK, I started building up my Core32 while still thinking about the best way to organize a simple and efficient user interface that fits my needs ...

I noticed your pictures yesterday :thumbsup: I have received two Core32 from Timothy today. Will probably start building this weekend :ahappy: .