Adaption of Waldorf Nano

compuzik

Ok, I spend some time this week end to get through the different synths I would like to be able to control with this Midibox.

The general setup would be:

- 1 set of control elements for "classic" audio flow OSC/MIX/FILTER/AMP/PAN + 1 simple display to show the parameter change

- 1 set of control elements for managing the mod matrix (probably with a display both to show the routing and to control it)

- this second set should be also used for seq management

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the display: I downloaded the DOGXL160-7 160 x 104 simulator which is usefull.

I think the RGB backlight could be great to improve user interface by color coding the differents parameter (8 colors availables).

Alternatively, this could also be achieved with a true mini TFT color display ...

Edited by HUROLURA

Regarding the display: I downloaded the DOGXL160-7 160 x 104 simulator which is usefull.

I think the RGB backlight could be great to improve user interface by color coding the differents parameter (8 colors availables).

Alternatively, this could also be achieved with a true mini TFT color display ...

Is there a big price difference between the normal ones and the RGB version? i think a true mini TFT color display is a bit too expensive...

From www.soselectronic.com:

- EADOGXL160W-7 would cost 26 € excl VAT for a 69x43 mm viewing area (160x104 pixels).

- RGB EALED78x64-RGB would cost 30.4 € (!!!) excl VAT whereas EALED78x64-A amber only model would cost 8.25 € excl VAT

An OLED 28x35 mm (much smaller) 176x220 pixels display with serial control would cost around 39 € excl VAT.

A T6963C controlled simple 132x39 mm (240x64 pixels) display would cost 41.8 € excl VAT

I do not think we could control a true TFT display as this would require much more RAM ...

• 3 weeks later...

For those who would be interested to such a project Thomann has the Plugiator available once again by Thommann(fully bundled with the whole set of 8 plug-ins):

http://www.thomann.de/fr/use_audio_plugiator_bundle.htm

So it includes the full range of oldies emulation:

- Minimax for Minimoog

- Pro12 for Prophet 5

- Prodyssey for Odyssey

- Vocodizer inspired by the EMS Vocoder

- LightWave as a more classic VA synth

- B4000 for the Hammond B3/B4

And provide the additionnal:

- FMAGIA as a kind of 4 op DX11

- Drum'N'Bass which provide a kind of TB+TR bundle

The idea still would be to focus and a Midibox control to ease the use of the Minimax/Pro12/Prodyssey/LigthWave as the other are maybe much too different (though the synth section of the vocodizer could also be under control as it is a subset of the LightWave.

All of thoose have a classic OSC/MIX/FILTER/AMP structure + a more or less complex and/or flexible modulation matrix.

Edited by HUROLURA

Been awhile since i posted. I am going to start building my Core 32 tomorrow. I had some trouble getting my hands on the LF33CV.

Anyway, maybe it would be a good idea to either ask a mod to rename this topic or start a new one? The current title might give people the wrong idea. Perhaps that way we can get more people interested.

Edited by Shuriken