Interface for Hauptwerk Virtual Organ Console

ReinerS

Hi all,

I have modified the MIOS-C ain64-din128-dout128 example to do some special tricks for the Hauptwerk virtual pipe organ software.

It can currently be used to:

- Control HW stops from the console (using DIN)

- Control LEDs on the stop switches (using DOUT)

- Display HW status message on LCD display

- Use autorepeat on buttons assigned to HW tuning input so that tuning gets faster.

This code is very specific to my hardware setup (regarding pin assignments), but can be used as a starting point to customise to your own setup. I am not using it to scan the keyboards, since I equipped my console with a MIDI encoder for the keyboards long before I ever found the Midibox project (its using the MONA encoder from Doepfer, which is not being made any more).

I don't think this code is of general interest to the community here, but there may be some people who are also using Midibox in connection with Hauptwerk and who might find this interesting. If you do, I can mail it to you.

Best regards

Reiner

Guest Mick Berg

Hi Reiner.

I would be very interested in this. I have the same situation as you, all my keys and stops are controlled by a Devtronix interface, but I've added MIDIBox for the swell pedals, pistons, and hopefully an LDC display. I'd really appreciate it if you would send me your code, mickberg@aol.com

Thanks,

Mick Berg.

• 2 months later...

Hi Reiner,

I'm currently building a midibox to support a Hauptwerk console I am working on. In this, I will be controlling stop lights as well as recieving momentary stop control signals from the console all using midio128.  I was anticipating simply configuring the midio128 script, to couple input/output events to input/output midi messages, and then compiling it to a syx file.  What tricks does your program do that I might need to consider?

Thanks,

James

Hello James,

your plan is exactly how I started out with Midibox and my console, and for controlling stops and showing feedback on the console that works perfectly. What I have added is:

- HW status display shows on LCD connected to Midibox(showing the organ loaded, transposer and tuning settings)

- I am using auto-repeat for some buttons, this allows tuning to be set very quickly by holding a button (you can then see the tuning cents counter run up or down)

There are many more things one could think of, I am sure.

Reiner