Traktorizer - a Midibox to control Traktor-DJ-Studio -

MTE

Update :

Im now on planning to build the Traktorizer-Minimizer, its the same controller like my big brother, but for carrying in a backpack ;)

The Dimension I took from my 15"-Notebook and I hope I can build it with the same thickness of the notebook too ;)

Stay tuned...

MTE

3070_Minimizer-V1_0_jpge2bfb451f6bb40fa4

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope you`ll have optical jog encoders in new version like we cool builders have it on our boxes 8)  ;D

Rofl cool builders  ;D

No need for optical complicated build :P ...encoders are still enough with my firmware ;)

I think your new mini design needs 3 more knobs: master volume, headphone volume, and headphone mix.  I have a vestax vci-100 which has pretty much all the same controls as your design except for those three knobs.  I find headphone mix and volume essential.. master volume is more of a set and forget.

Lookin good though!

Thnx Narwal for the hint, but I didnt forget them....this layout is just the "leme see if it will all fit into these dimensions"...so of course these 3 pots are planned in the upper edges ;)

@ cimo....Ive eat them all :P

rofl stryd, sasha....my only Religion is "BAZE"  ;D

• 3 weeks later...

NEWS :

Since Traktor DJ Studio was going to Version 3.3 the LED-Out function will work now without any problems.....that means, when I push e.g. the monitor-button in the software the led on the midibox will get now the status of the software and lit on ;) thats really great !

I tested this with Traktor Version 3.2 and there it dont work, only with Version 3.3......

...so stay tuned for new firmware-updates of Traktorizer in the next days ;)

Regards

G`evening :)

Enjoy part 1 of my Video-Manual of Traktorizer...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFY0ssktoh0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFY0ssktoh0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFY0ssktoh0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Yes, hate me for my crappy camera  ;D

What happened with displays. I remember you had something like 15 or 20.  Grin You sacrifice it for the higher cause?  Smiley

LOL, no they all gone broken while soldering :( and I have no money left for some new + development on some PCBs to mounting them, so I removed the LCD-Functions complete...

It's a shame because I know how hard you worked to get the LCD's just-right... but clearly the box functions rather well without them too!! :)

Really great stuff MTE, keep on rolling buddy :)

I'd love to see this app combined with the high-res encoder work that is being done around here too. With the new MIOS structure it's even easier to allow for both options, and it can be specified at build time in the makefile so it's easy to modify it for your needs... Same could be done for any of the many buttons and other controls, you can just set the makefile variables to indicate what's connected and where.

Seems to me like you've got two lovely projects that would make a lovely couple... or a threesome...how many DJ controllers are being made atm? :)

Pool your resources guys!

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, your controller surface with that other scratch wheel would be near perfection. If only commercial companies would take notice, and see what's going on here.

TBH I think a sound card option built in would be useful too. It would make set-up at a mobile rig party that much easier. I personally hate having to tape down my external sound card everytime so it doesn't move around on me. Had it slide off the table once and it was hanging on by my headphone cord, which was around my neck. Scared the **** out of me when it happened I thought someone grabbed it and tried taking off with it.  :P

• 2 weeks later...

Good news :)

After many sale-requests from youtube etc I asked TK if I can offer full Traktorizer-Kits in the future, and he responded thats a good idea  :D

So Im now on planning the Kit (similar to Wilbas MB-6582) including base and cs-pcb, all parts, case, detailed solderplans etcetc...gimme some months to calculate all....

Now Im at 1st on creating the main-pcb-prototype, has anyone a good idea where I can get them cheap ? I checked some german factorys, but  :o, they want 200.- Euro for a DIN-A4-doublesided PCB  :o ...thats too many !

Regards

Great news!  :D

NOW is the time for you and rasteri and sasha to get your shit together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, don't leave it until after the boards are created to merge your work into one, it'll only cause problems if you decide to do it later, and it'd be a damned shame to see a really good job done on the boards but to see them limited in their functionality.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, a comment on the minimizer I like the portability thing because I'm thinking of using one with a openpandora, but I think that it would be pretty sweet if you just scaled down the old one, as in same exact design but everything is just a little smaller.  I dont know but my first DJ midi controller will be the traktorizer, so excited to make one.  Also in the kits would I be able to exclude parts so I could change a little my own.  Like the top of the jogs or switches or something.  Amazing work!

NOW is the time for you and rasteri and sasha to get your shit together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, don't leave it until after the boards are created to merge your work into one, it'll only cause problems if you decide to do it later, and it'd be a damned shame to see a really good job done on the boards but to see them limited in their functionality.

I'm not sure... my work has mostly been on hi-res encoders, and the current mechanical jog wheels seem good enough for what the traktorizer is designed for (mixing). Nobody's going to be scratching on a wheel that small anyway.

Don't get me wrong - If we increase the wheel size slightly (say to 120mm diameter), add touch sensitivity, raise the resolution and add a better crossfader, then I think we'd have basically the best DJ controller ever. If MTE wants to go down that road then I'm with him 100% - I can help out with code, ideas, anything.

I thank you mates for the comments, hints etc :)

In last time Im very busy in other things (got new job, mastering my new album and many other things ...*whack) and so its really hard for me to put enough time in this section. Still im at eagling the pcb, but this needs more time than I awaited....

Then also I want to think all over the parts, my idealism of Traktorizer is, to make it with the best parts I can get and hold the whole concept as cheap as I can. Im very interested in planing the high-res-wheels into it. Also I want to implement very good faders (exchangeable ones), like in pro-dj-mixers.

Allinall there are many questions open.....who makes the boards,cases,jogs cheap...where can I get cheap but quality parts (pots,faders,encs)....should I implement the icecubes, because they go rare in near future.....or should I build own soft-touch padded buttons ?

I dont want to offer full Kits for 500.- Euro....thats too many !

So let me/us see if the next months hunting for prices, parts etc will bring good results :)