RGB LED rings?

kikker

i dont know if you can buy ready rgb rings. I think you should build them by your own with standard rgb-led or one colored smd leds.

I already thought so, couldn't find them anywhere, is there a tutorial or something on how to build normal led rings? I have good programming skill and a little soldering skill so i think i will be able to change a design for normal leds into one suitable for rgb leds.

One color smd leds? Isn't it possible to use RGB smd leds too? i think a saw them somewhere for sale.

One color smd leds? Isn't it possible to use RGB smd leds too? i think a saw them somewhere for sale.

... yes, they're available. But why SMD? - With SMD you'd need lightpipes. With standard LEDs, you can stick them right through the front plate.

I don't know, if you can do the changing colours by prgramming different output values to the DOUTs... I think not. I think you would have to do this in hardware by experimenting with different resister values to the RGBs in parallel. (Don't know if the DOUTs will handle the current).

Greets, Roger

yes. youre right. SMD isnt so good for that.

For that fading effect he has to prog PWM for the dout.

Isn't here any similar for that to find? In MidiboxSID perhaps (for the LedMatrix)?

Sound also a good idea for a tiny meterbridge just with single rgbleds, used for a microDAW or something like that..