MiniMoog V controller

Tanstaafl

Well,

I am back in midibox land... starting work on my new project which will be an MB64 based controller for Arturia's MiniMoog V.  Not really sure how familiar the users are here with the minimoog, but....  The frequency and waveform controlls are rotary switches, with either 6 or 7 positions.  I am not sure if I want to use an DIN module for these or just AIN with 2K resistors between the poles.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

gb

Answering my own question......

I have experimented with rotary switches coupled with 2k resistors between the poles.  It works!  MB64 reads the values (and locks on the values repeatedly).

Now I am debating whether to build my own boards or use Smash's kits.  Seems to be cheaper to use his stuff than fabricate my own.  (I have an MB64 test bed I use for experimentation, and I dont want to use those parts to build this new MidiBox).

I am certain I can not fabricate my own AIN module for less than 12 bux!  Smash, how do you do it?  I know, volume fabrication.

Pix to follow shortly.

gb

• 4 years later...