Fatar Keyboards

robinfawell

I have been in contact with SounDuke discussing the possibility of obtaining keybeds.  (keyboards less electronics)

Normally Fatar will only supply large companies such as Korg.

SounDuke has a contact in Fatar.  Hoewever he does not wish to jeopardise his relationship by pestering his contact with a series of small orders.  He believes that it would be more attractive to Fatar if  a large order could be placed.

I would be interested if there are others who would like to place orders for Fatar keybeds.

See http://www.fatar.com/home_fatar.htmm look at the Production.  They make a large variety of keybeds and supply most keyboard suppliers except Yamaha and Roland.

The supply both inexpensive and superior versions.

Let me have Model Nos and quantities that you require.

At this stage do not worry whether about identifying the Model Nos precisely; I am only trying to gauge the level of interest.

SounDuke is fully occupied at present with Job hunting.

Robin

Fatar also supply Pedalboards, volume controls etc sse Accessories.

The standard synth keyboard models and hammond style model are in the range of 80€ to 120€. The piano models are more expensive, the cheaper one is about 160€ to the most expensive which is around 420€, all prices tax included. They could make discounts if large orders are issued. All keyboards have double contact rubber switch, micromatch connectors onboard. PM me if you need detailed info.

I had a bad experience with UPS couriers (sorry QBAS!!), so mainly my request of organizing a big order is because Fatar may possibly arrange the international shipping with a more reliable courier.

No problem man! You gived me a favour with my good wood`n keyboard from Fatar.

SounDuke please tell us about your Fatar`s. What  type you taken and how you feel it?

I ask becouse my 88keys is heavy and maybe I will think (if you man steel can help with it) about more portable one. :)

I can say that wood`s keys are excelent. Of course there is many companies on the world who produces many different wood`s keybs. This one is relativelly cheap and really good. OK I know excellent but 10 times more expensive. So Fatar is best option for any midiboxer.

Also there exist ready for use code for our core@PIC18f

For comparison , here are some prices from Doepfer.

organ keyboard ("waterfall") Fatar TP/8O 5 octaves, weighted, with dynamic bubble contacts 

130,00 Euros

keyboard Fatar TP/9 5 octaves, unweighted, with dynamic bubble contacts 

90,00 Euros

hammer keyboard Fatar TP/10MD 88 keys, with dynamic bubble contacts and after touch (without Midi electronics, case and cables)

570,00 Euros

The above listed keyboards are without Midi electronics, without case, without cables and without after touch. Keyboards with monophonic after touch or weighted keys (only for TP/9 available) as special design upon request (about 8 weeks delivery time, 50% deposit, no return possible)

extra charge upon request.

It is difficult, I know to make a direct comparison because SounDukes prices may refer to different Models.  However it seems logical that the prices from Doepfer are significantly higher.

Regards Robin

@QBAS I bought 4 TP/8SK 76 keys with Aftertouch. I went personally to fatar's factory to check the feel, the TP/8O (awww excellent design) is a little bit more weightd than the TP/8SK. Please note that "unweighted" refers to "semiweighted" as nearly all models have little leads weight inside the plastic white keys. The TP/8SK is an high end synthesizer keyboard which I use as an hybrid (organ and synthesizer) because of the very cool semiweighted action. I'm sure there are better nice feeling keyboard outta here, but as Qbas said the quality/price is awesome. Qbas's code too is very stable! (only minor adjustments to velocity curves are necessary)

Doepfer doesn't offer all the models which fatar produces, in addition to this the prices are lower but I'm not sure if they'll agree to organize by themselves an international shipping, so I'll ask them to do so if we reach almost 15-20 models. I'm quite sure that a big discount should be possible, but someone has to receive all the keyboards and send to other people as I can only ask to send the goods to one destination (depending upon the location of the buyers we could choose the nearest place to all buyers).

@Robin

The TP/9s is the "universal keyboard", in my opinion has a worst feel compared to the TP/8 series. I didn't ask the price of the TP/9, but I'm rather sure that is lower than 90 €. (I purchased my TP/8SK paying 95€ Tax included).

Feel free to ask for info

I checked 2 weeks ago doepfer. In my opinion action of keys are worst than in fatar.

Personally I found that only yamaha and bosendorfer has better keys (harder and more realistics) but with 10x higher price. I only said about full hammer action.

I must wait some weeks until I will can think again about one more keyboard.

Who knows - maybe one day I will ask you about possibilities of buying.

But for this one who would like to have fatar at home - don`t wait.

This is the best price/quality compare. And please also take only the best models.

Like SounDuke said lower models are not interesting.