Doepfer

Guest DiGiMac

Doepfer are going to start selling the "brain" of their pocket controller series as a separate component. Basically, you buy this and then add the pots, faders or whatever. I think the limit will be just 16 controllers but the interesting thing about this is that it will be compatible with their PC setup software.

http://www.doepfer.de/pe.htm

The specs are only available in German at the moment. My German is OK but not good enough for techie stuff like this.

Anyone want to take a look and see ?

• 1 month later...

I think it's possible to do that but.... I think midibox16 MF is a better way to do that!

I also think it's better to build a midi box instead of buying the core of the pocket controler... you can made a lot of thing with midi box, not with the pocket... (LCD, encodeur...)

I agree - now that I have learned that multiple cores can be connected together. Do I understand correctly that I would need 1 core for every eight motorized functions? I would like to have 8 MFs, and 16 motorized knobs (2 for each of the eight fader channels). That way I can make a controller interface for Sonar that emulates the standard console view of 1 fader, 1 pan, and 1 effect send per channel. I like the motorized feature so that the knobs on the controller can be in sync and match the virtual knobs within Sonar.

How does the MF firmware initialized to sync at the beginning? Does it automatically poll to obtain the set-up or do I need to send it automatically somehow?

hum well....

You want a control surface to control you multitrack recording software.

Motorize fader are great fot that!!!!!! I love this :) (I dream about my futur midibox... !!!)

But just fader have to be motorise, for the knobs, replace them by encoders!!!!

so, you put a midibox 16MF and a 16E together, this gives you 8 fader, and 16encoder (plus all the buttons... !!!).

I plan to use 8 encoder by now, 1 per chan. You change the encoder midi message by changing sub bank (8 in a bank). Same for the fader.

So, you can control everything with only a fader (volume, aux send volume...) and encoder (pan, aux pax...) about a channel. And you have 4 bank.

so it make 8 * 4 = 32 channel!!!!!!!

And you've got 8 more encoder, maybe for the eq, or effect... I will see what I'm goin to do with them...

As soon as I have the time, I'm going to make a document about my midi box poject. I think I'm looking for the same result as you!

Please keep me updated on your progress. I like building things and have used PICs before AND, the cost of buying a MACKIE controller or some other brand is too expensive as it does much more than what I need. This offers the exact solution for a much lower cost!! I am so thankful for this site and forum.  :)