MIDIO128 Extra data in INI file.

Is it possible to add extra data to the .ini file in MIDIO128.  I want to attach 3 pots to the analog inputs on the core.  I can modify the MIDIO128 code to read the three pots OK but I would like to be able to set the MIDI channels for the three pots' outputs in the .ini file rather than hard code them.

This is so that users only have to be able to make entries in the .ini file rather than delve into the code itself.  The pots are for two swells and crescendo on Miditzer and users will need to set the channels in relation to their existing hardware.

Thanks

Graham

i am glad that you ask this...

I myself so far could not figure out how the .ini-file and the other files for midio128 play together.. I asked this question in the forum already, but never got an answer which gave me real insight. The values for the buttons and knobs are also defined in mios_tables.inc, and I do not know if the values from the .ini override those, if they complement each other, or if they are suspended if the same button/knob is already defined in the mios_tables.inc. after all, an .ini-file is only provided for midio128 and no for the other main.asm (like midibox64), and for my limited knowledege of C and assembler the documentation of the ini-file does not explain the context.

Hope you get a decent answer to this one, would also help me...

There is simply no relation between the MIOS_MPROC_EVENT_TABLE in mios_tables.inc, and the MIDIO128 application. The event table is an expired MIOS feature which I forgot to remove early enough - it is not flexible enough and therefore not used by any of the main applications.

MIDIO128 uses its own table format, which is preloaded in midio_presets.inc

This table is located in a special flash and EEPROM location (see file header)

The structure of this table is fixed, also the size is fixed and cannot be easily extented without compatibility issues

The table can be overwritten via SysEx.

The mk_midio128_syx.pl script just compiles the table from a text file, generates a binary which can be transmitted via MIDI, and which is received by the MIDIO_SYSEX_Init_DumpWrite function in midio_sysex.inc

There is an unusued area within the EEPROM location which could be used for extensions (see midio_presets.inc) - this area can be read with MIOS_EEPROM_Read (address in EEADR)

Best Regards, Thorsten.