• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

Wait for me!

I'm the new boy in class :-[.

To late or ....

Since I have managed to collect 10 SID's I have built a "mini single SID" to my son

and I'll keep the rest for my self :D.

So...

Is it possible to join in on:

Qty  Description 

1    MB-6582 Base PCB 

1    MB-6582 Control Surface PCB

1    MB-6582 Panels

Regards

Lasse

If you are only just reading about this PCB order and want to join in, you must quickly send me a PM with your email address so I can include you in the PayPal payment requests, and also tell me if you want to join the future bulk order of panels so we can keep that total up to date. Payments received after Friday the 13th July will be politely refunded.

I'm assuming you're making them from plastic? If so, i'd imagine it would help keep costs down.

Personally, I don't think plastic's a bad idea, good stuff's pretty durable (3mm upwards).

To start with, the panel is 1.5mm thick to suit the case. Maybe plastic that thin with a lot of ribbing behind it would be strong enough, but part of the "design" of the MB-6582 was to let the panel reinforce (and straighten!) the PCB, since the PCB is so large, the warping is obvious.

Has anybody got the plugin for the frontpaneldesigner to create dxf files?

I might then do some panels on the laser machine here at university.

Kind regards

Michael

The plugin costs 99 Euro to buy from Schaeffer.

Try to export all text engravings as a HPGL-file and re-import that file into FPE. I have a feeling that this could be considerably cheaper while rendering the same results... :) Additionally, this would allow the use of really fancy fonts, if you like.

Best regards, ilmenator