missing midi bytes

Guest Synthy1

Guest Synthy1

I have build a sysex generator for my DB50XG. I have merged the midi in to midi out with MIOS_MergerSet MIDI_MERGER_ENABLED. So i can use my keyboard to play the DB50XG. When i play notes and directly send a sysex command, this is about 160 midi bytes, the notes get confused. Lost midi bytes. Anyone know the solution. ???

Greetz, Pim

There are two possible reasons for such a failure

a) what kind of SysEx are you sending? Maybe it's a command which requires a certain recovery time, before the DB50XG can receive notes again?

You can test this with MIDI-Ox: open the SysEx window, enter "90 30 7F" (for Note On), add the SysEx string (160 bytes), and add "90 30 00" (Note Off)

If the note is still played, then you know that this is a DB50XG issue

(try also multiple notes, e.g. "90 31 7F 32 7F 33 7F" for three Note On, and "90 31 00 32 00 33 00" for three Note Off)

b) you are sending so many MIDI events through the core, that a MIDI In buffer overrun does happen within MIOS.

The input buffer has a size of 64 bytes. Since more bytes are sent in a stream (160 bytes) than data can be forwarded, incoming data can get lost (bottleneck problem)

Best Regards, Thorsten.