How to connect non-motorized faders to MB LC?

groovereiter

Hi,

I read in the wiki that you can use standard faders instead of motorfaders for the LC application.

But how do I connect them? Do I still need the MF Module or is there any way to use my AIN?

I just couldn't find this answer (unlike every other I was looking for - great documentation/forum).

Finally I'm getting the rest of the needed parts (after 1 1/2 years) and this is the only big thing I need to know to make my box complete.

So pleeease help me.

Thanks in advance,

groovereiter

I'm happy to hear that the AIN can be used, I thought it wasn't supperted by the LC app.

well... now that makes me feel a bit doubtful whether it's right what i've said... ::)

Can you tell me where you've read that?

But I'm 100% sure that it's possible to use the MF-module with non-motorised-faders.

With the motorfaders you only get 8 (if I understood right)

yep. But it could be possible to connect more than 1 MF-module to the core. you should look that up.

But as long as you just use 1 MF-module you're able to connect 8 (or less) faders.

Is it possible to get the 9th fader (master) with the AIN?

A DINx1 supports 8 analog inputs. If you need 9 AINs you can build your own DINx2 board (16 inputs) or you can order an common DINx4 from smash or mike and just leave the 2 multiplexers away as you don't need them.

BUT (!) after your post I'm not 100% sure that you can use AINs with the LC-application. AND (!) I don't know anything about the LC-protocol. I don't know whether a 9th fader will work.

matthias

Hi,

just to clear up things a little bit:

In theory you can use 8 Faders without connecting a MF module.

The faders are connected as mentioned in the PDF (LC) to J5 of the CORE.

I never tried it ....

You only can connect 8 Faders that way.

As far as I know, AIN is not supported in the LC by default.

Is it possible to get the 9th fader (master) with the AIN?

A DINx1 supports 8 analog inputs. If you need 9 AINs you can build your own DINx2 board (16 inputs) or you can order an common DINx4 from smash or mike and just leave the 2 multiplexers away as you don't need them.

A Fader cannot be connected to a DIN!

Originally the Mackie has a 9th Fader as Master. If you want this Fader you can assign one Fader as Masterfader in the Source. If you want 8 Fader plus Master you'll have to build two Cores. It is not possible to have more than 8 Faders with a single core under the LC.

Generally you have to consider that a LC doesn't make very much sense without motorized Faders.

For example, if you switch between two banks (ch1-8 to ch 9-16) your faders won't follow...

If you want non-motorized faders perhaps a MB64(e) would be the better solution for you.

greets

Doc