ROCK!!!

sidysm

• 1 month later...
The track is really good  :o.  Is this a band or arranged samples?  What kit are you using???

Steve.

It's mostly live, guitars are a Ibanez RG3120 through a pod pro (they're recorded in as wet and dry and the dry version is retracked through amplitube to balance tone for those intrested), bass is an ibanez (cant remember model) through di, the mic is a berhinger B1 through just a mixer pre and all these go into my rme card and cubase sx.

The drums are the only sequenced part and are using giga purrrfect general midi drum kit at the moment imported into halion as I never got round to finishing the song properlly, I plan to redo the drum sounds with purrfect and drunkit from hell in giga to get a bigger sound, the sequences need tweeked to as still a bvit repetitive.

and thanks for all the kind words :)

oh I forgot it's all me in my box room though, still looking to find a band worthy of me ;)

You should really send it to Future Music demos - I reckon it would get on as one of the three demos of the month.  Love that phaser/flanger or whatever it is.

I play bass and sax, bit of keyboards and write...where do you live???  I'm in London weeknights and Giessen in Germany at the weekends.

Check this out...from another thread:

'>http://pub30.bravenet.com/guestmap/view.php?usernum=2503882551

I'll post a URL to a track or two next week.

Steve

Smash, I'd love to add that to my signature too, since there are a lot of people that haven't read that thread, and it is a really good idea.  At least I'd like to do it for a while to increase the awareness of it.  Would you tell me how to do it...and then can I copy.

I guess it's just putting the URL in my signature...I'm not worried about that fancy movement you've done (I'm happy to let you be the flash one with this, especially since the map was your idea  ;)

Steve.

hehe, actually I was just thinking about how the move looks a bit cheesy.   ;)

I'll keep it moving for a week or so then stop the movement, hopefully the movement will grab attention in old threads.  It kinda reminds me of the first days of animated gifs when people would put all sorts of moving crap on their pages and make them unusable.

[url=http://pub30.bravenet.com/guestmap/view.php?usernum=2503882551][img=http://images.bravenet.com/pub/guestmap.gif][/url][move]:) [size=3]Click to see the Midibox world map![/size] :)[/move]
On the downside I think this free guestmap tops out at 100 entries, so I'm looking for a better solution.  Bravenet will let you make as many free maps as you want though, and they offer a paid upgrade with unlimited entries.  If anyone sees anything like this guest map let me know so I can check it out! Have fun! Smash Oh yeah if you think the move is cheesy just remove the
[move] and [/move]

tags from the above.

Ha ha!  Nice  :D :D  especially good synchronisation on this page.....

Sorry...I've gone very off-topic.

That's okay but to pull it back....

the effect is indeed flanger it's just the inbuilt one on my pod pro but the sound has a couple of other version with just crunch of the same part playing over it as it was originally to overpowering.

I'm in glasgow, though just back from holiday and seriously tempted to fuck off somewhere in the sun.