Midi Pedals

modsquad

I have a hammond organ pedal board with "reed relays".  I am fairly new to the midibox technology.  What I am trying to do is convert it to a midi pedalboard that I can connect to a synth module.  I understand that I can use the midibox as the midi controller.  I have no clue where to start however as far as what midibox, peripherals etc.  I am versed with building analog circuits etc. but the midi is new.  Any help you guys could provide on where to start and how to progress would be appreciated

I think by "reed relays" you really mean reed switches or maybe leaf switches. Relays are electrically actuated switches. If it is a magnet closing a switch in a glass tube, that's a reed switch.

To encode the pedal switch closures to MIDI you will need 1 MidiBox Core and 1 DIN board. You'll use the MIDIIO128 project. The DIN board provides a common wire for one side of the switches. The other side of each switch is wired to one of the 32 input pins on the DIN board. You will define the MIDI messages generated by switch on and off in a table that will be loaded into the Core via MIDI.