PIC Burner software for the 16F?

Jidis

Hi,

Got my burner running last night and was wondering what the frontend options are for the 16F877 chips (English support if available).

* I'm taking the current PBrenner software with me already, and I've set the voltage trimmer for the PIC16.

Thanks,

George

I'm taking the current PBrenner software with me already

...... no I'm not (talking to self).

Turns out one of the German sprut.de pages gave me the impression that it was 3.7u. There's a PBrennerNG 4.4 there (pbng44.zip) which displays the button text and all in English, and I've now successfully blown a few 16f84 apps with that and the PB+ board. :)

George

Still couldn't get a real 16f877 app to behave like it did in the Microchip simulator. >:(

• 2 months later...

Anyone has the PIC Burner to recognize the 16F877 (not 16F877A)? It seems to not recognize it and then identifies it as the default 16F84A (it identifies a 16F84 even when there is no PIC inserted, so I think it just does not recognize it at all).

The circuit does pass the hardware test on MCLR, VDD and RB6 RB7 and the voltages on the 74HC14 seem to be OK. I tried PBrenner3.7U and PBrennerNG4.4 (and even ICProg) but all seem to fail. Anyone seen the same?