Help Needed Planning My First MIDIBox SID

dubka

The 4-pin connection that is wired to the sockets (SIL header) will be connected to the bankstick port on the MBHP_CORE module. The sockets are both connected exactly the same way. The bankstick's ID will be set by the wiring inside the bankstick itself, either permanently or with the aid of some DIP switches.

Am I right in thinking that the lcd at the top of the first control panel page is strapped to a dinx1 with 2 rubber bands?!

Martin

No, that's not a DINX1, just some protoboard with the buttons and an encoder mounted (the actual IC is on another board, probably a DINX4). You were right about the rubber bands though ;)

Therezin: that bridge rectifier has different pinouts to the ones I've seen, where +/- are diagonally opposite. I recall another MIDIbox builder got caught by that difference and fried a transformer. Can you put a warning note or something on your website???

Therezin: that bridge rectifier has different pinouts to the ones I've seen, where +/- are diagonally opposite. I recall another MIDIbox builder got caught by that difference and fried a transformer. Can you put a warning note or something on your website???

Good idea, I didn't even think about that. I'll put the warning on tonight when I've finished work.