M-Audio Xponent

dstamand

.. the best way to win a war is ... to know your enemy ..

.. now of course we are not .. well i am not (just speak for myself) in war against M-audio or other major mass destruction MIDI controller producers (yes there was some political irony in it) still it s nice to see what what is the latest thingy coming out of the market, maybe a source for inspiration and new ideas, they also got some good stuff.And well it s always a pleasure to see some backlit buttons..

.. just my thought

simone

I like those buttons, and would use them if it would be possible to a. aquire them and b. have a frontpanel made for them - schaeffer does not make weird shaped holes so you have to have the panel drawn by someone who's good with CAD, not me.

To think of it, I still have some Waldorf buttoncaps lying around, maybe I'm going to use those after all  8)

Im not in a war, just what I think is, that these "nice illuminated buttons" cost just as much as their "nice" factor (imho: next to 0 ) . Maybe you should try Korg for spareparts? Do I say something? :P

Big synth manufacurers do not provide their spareparts lightly. In the past someone here on the forum managed to get some Waldorf spareparts. The knobs TK uses on his SID for example. I have never heard of any other succesful attempts.