Examples. Concepts , etc. hardware and software

Is there a place in the wiki to place such things?

I've been working on various sections of code over the last 2 months or so.

Most of which are very simple but took many many many hours of searching the forum/wiki. Writting, compiling. To work out exactly what commands I needed to use, what commands would work with sdcc, and to get them running.

Things like typedef and struct, it took me many google searches, many times through the MIDIbox forum, and many hours just to get a basic idea. Now that I get it, it's so damned simple.

I guess i just want a place to put examples, with descriptions that newbies like myself can understand. (while it's all fresh in my head, and i remember not understanding)

If a place doesn't exist, we should make one!    er... I'll make one?  ;D

Hi MTE

yeah, i saw those. And will make use of them once my projects are little further along.

But I mean more generic examples, that could be modified and used in many other projects.

That a newb doesn't have to know who wrote the code or designed a specialty box to find it. Like on the ucapps C interface page

On the hardware side - things like How to wire a trs socket to AIN so it's grounded when nothing's plugged in. Or Attaching an idc connecter to ribbon cable.  Things that many people just know. But to the newb... "You want me to hit it HOW HARD!"

Thanks for offering this stuff up mate  :D

The wiki is definitely the place for this kind of thing... Although you may have noticed if you looked at the two FAQs (hehehe) that when lots of different information goes into one page then it can get confusing.

I think that the best thing would be to take your info and put it on relevant pages, and of course you can always make your own pages if there is nothing suitable.

For example that TRS jack thing, that could be relevant to the AIN or the SID inputs, so maybe you could make another page with that tip, and put a link to that new page on the SID and AIN modules' pages. You could add the ribbon cabling tip, and make a "Durisian's Cabling Tips' page, and use the automatic table of contents so that you can link to each tip from other pages.

At the end of the day, if you take it and plop it all on one page linked to your user space, that is great, because the knowledge is there and can be moved around by others later on if they feel the need.