• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

well mate, see you speaking to me in hebrew or russian  :P

just try  :D

no hard feelings man!!  i just don't hear many people use "ain't" when english is their second/third, etc. language.  i'd love to learn Hebrew!  i know Spanish, Greek some Latin and i'm learning Japanese at the moment.

English is supposed to be quite difficult to learn. I'm going to China next year so am trying to pick up a few words/numbers. Apparently over there though a word can sound the same, but mean different things if you say it with a rising pitch, low pitch, etc, etc.  I can see me eating some very interesting things in resteraunts at this rate  :-\

The learning curve with English is just different. It's easy to start with, and you get results very quickly (don't we all love this?). But then, after reaching a certain level, it can get really strange and complicated. Ask around what implications/meanings the word "nice" can have in different contexts... At least that is what I was told once  ;D - I'm not a native speaker myself.

Best regards, ilmenator

Govorite po ruskij? Ochen xorosho! Kak dela?

?? ?? ???????, ? ??? ?? ?? ?????....  ;) ???? ?????????, ??????', ????. ??? ????? ?? ????? ???????????? ????????? ????????, ??? ?????? ?????? ????? ??? ????, ?? ??????? ??? ????????? ????? ???? ? ????????? ???????. ???? ?????? ??? ? ????? ?????? ??????, ????? ???? ??? ??? ????? ????????, ????????? ??????? ? ???? ?????? ???????? ???????????...  :'(

?????: ??????????? ?????????, ??? ?????? ?????? ???????? ?????????: ???? ????????? ?????? ???????? ???.

I said, i'm quite well :-)

i feel much more confident expressing myself in this language, although in my everyday life i 99.5% speak and communicate in hebrew, with remaining 0.5% russian expletive slang use accordingly, which has been proven bazillion of times as being indestructible.  8)

seems like you're still trying to translate what i said doug...  ;D

it's ok, my first attempts with english were sitting in front of TV with NES adventure games and dictionary... this was very fruitful: i could allow myself every amount of time to memorize the words and side-effectively fully understand the meaning of dialogues and directions in these games.

Parents were quietly happy that their son is not vandalizing public property but learns foreign language  ;)

thanks 8-bit, and later thanks to world-wide network which by it's roots speak english as native.  ;)

i guess my curiosity is what caused to my huge involvement in early internet...

immigrating from former ussr, i spent all my after-school time in front of those screens.

could i be described as information thirsty? hmmm my weak point of reading is long books.... Most non-technical

books is boring for me, by exception of a few names, who truly succeed involving you in their stories, leaving literally with tongue down for more.... (Kartoshka caught in a moment of creative thought) ... yep.

i guess we really miss chat?  :-* :'(

Parents were quietly happy that their son is not vandalizing public property but learns foreign language  ;)

Don't worry, I was advancing the written form of said language, by "vandalizing" (beautifying) the public property with a spraycan.

could i be described as information thirsty?

Me too!

i guess we really miss chat?  :-* :'(

Hang in there guys... It'll be back before long :)

Ain’t is a contraction originally just for “am notâ€' date=' but can include “is notâ€, “are notâ€, “has notâ€, or “have not†in the common vernacular. In some dialects it is also used as a contraction of “do notâ€, “does notâ€, and “did notâ€, as in I ain’t know that. The word is a perennial issue in English usage. It is a word that is widely used by many people, but is generally considered nonstandard English.[/quote']

more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ain't

:)