PacTec PT-10 Bulk order for Europe, (case for MB-6582). CLOSED

TheAncientOne

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't set an end date yet - there are some other people thinking about adding on (out side the MIDIbox community).

I originally got a quote for 50, but it looks like we won't make that.

Best price was for the box without panels, (no point in paying for them if you're going with the panel order or Schaeffer, also cuts down on carriage a little), but that was direct from the USA, with attendant customs duty etc.I'm waiting on a final number before approaching the UK distributers.

Looking at that, I'd question wether it's worth the hassle of doing a group buy for these cases. Once you factor in two lots of shipping, how much cheaper will it be? I'm still on the fence to be honest, I'd like to build a nice mahogany case, but the PT-10 is cheap and it works, so it's a toughie. That said, I'd like an internal PSU, so mahogany may be the winner, but who knows!

Very good find, Twin-X. Their price with panels is almost as good as the price Pactec quoted me for 50 off without ($14.77), and they're in the UK.

One point, the price quoted is plus VAT and carriage, which needs checking.

Edit.

UK shipping is free - even better. I've discovered that this is the same distributer I was looking at, but I got the "Radiatron" address from PacTec.

Looks like a goer.

Initial price looks like £10.20 (round figure including VAT - the odd 2pence will cover my transfer fee).

Carriage at cost

I've asked Acal for a weight for a carriage estimate.

Mike

Got a weight figure from Acal, and checked the Royal mail website.

Flat rate for Europe air mail, and a padded bag is around £5, this will be less for the UK.

So, the current guesstimate price, including delivery would be £15.20 to Europe, £13.60 to UK

Those who want PT-10 Cases in Europe should email me at: profpep AT hotmail DOT com

When you email me, tell me how many boxes you want  your MIDIbox username (if you have one) and your PayPal email address, and your real address/delivery details.

When I am ready to order I will send a PayPal invoice for Boxes+postage.

If you don't have PayPal, I will send you details of how to pay into my Paypal account using a credit card. I can't take cheques etc because the bank charges make it unworkable.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

LAST CALL

I've got emails for 13, plus two for me making 15 to get the price point. Anyone else wanting one or more should get in touch before 6th September.

As noted above email me at: profpep AT hotmail DOT com

Stating:

• How many you want
  • Your MIDIbox Username
  • Your PayPal address
  • Your address/delivery details

If you haven't got PayPal, but have a credit/debit card, you can still use PayPal - just let me know.

Final Countdown

So far we have (Please Check):

Brother303 1

cimo 1

Comandante64 1

davidBanner 1

Jack 1

julienvoirin 1

LaRssA 1

Nati 1

SexyBeast 2

sparx 1

TheProf 2

Twin-X 2

Wild_Weasel 1

ToF        1

CeeDub  1

ReBoot    3

opkod    1

Anymore for any more? Faites vos jeux!

Order closes in the small hours of tomorrow morning, (7th September). I'll invoice once I have a final packed delivery cost.

By the way - this is for cases with the panels - the 'no panels' option was only practical on a larger order from the USA, so if you want one for anything else, an AVRsynth, an AVRx, or a mini mixer - feel free to add.

• 2 weeks later...