4x20 Lcds for Wilbas Kit : CLOSED

Altitude

UPDATE: PLEASE READ

Ok, so I spoke with crystal fonts and they have stock of the FSTN type so it is time to start collecting money.  Discounts are on a per item basis so there will only be ONE type available for the group buy. 

This will be the CFAH2004A-YTI-JP, 20x4 FSTN Negative, Transmissive, Yellow-Green Array LED Backlight shown here:

CFAH2004AYTI_430.jpg

Pricing(assuming that we have over 20 pcs ordered): $21.00 ea.  This covers the shipping to me, my packaging costs, and paypal fees. The base price of the unit $18.73 plus a $.45 per piece handling charge and $8.50 base shipping rate.

Shipping: in addition to the $21.00 there will be a shipping fee. 

For the Continental US: USPS Flat Rate Priority ($5.00) or 1st Class Mail (Varies)

International: USPS International Priority Flat Rate ($11.00) or Airmail (Varies)

I will do this identically as Wilba did except I will add the shipping to the invoice that I send so you only have to pay once. 

So send an email to altitude909 at g m a i l dot c o m with your Name, the quantity, your shipping address, how you want it shipped, and your paypal address so that I can send you an invoice.  I would also ask international ppl to include their phone since it will be necessary for customs forms.  People without a paypal account can still pay through paypal with a credit card since I have a business account there.

Unless we dont get to 20 pcs, I would like to place the order on Friday August 3rd

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once I have the stock and delivery situation figured out , I will try to get this wrapped up quick so I can get Wilba's to him so he can be on the same page as everyone who is on this since I am assuming that he has not finalized the panels yet.

Don't rush just for me! All these displays are identical in size, and if I really needed one for finalizing the panel, I would have bought one on eBay already....  ;D

I will do this identically as Wilba did except I will add the shipping to the invoice that I send so you only have to pay once. 

Now you make me feel bad that I make all of you pay twice! ;D

Don't rush just for me! All these displays are identical in size, and if I really needed one for finalizing the panel, I would have bought one on eBay already....  ;D

No rush really, I know they have at least 30 in stock now so it is usually good to snap those up before they have to have another batch made which can be 4-6 weeks or so.  The FSTN one apparently is pretty popular and I don't want them to sell out.

Now you make me feel bad that I make all of you pay twice! ;D

hey, it's less work for me.  The postal service in the US is actually pretty good when it comes to the tools they provide so I can get a good quote, all the customs stuff, labels etc. with a couple of clicks

.. just a little thought, don t know if it makes any sense to you...

.. but 16 dollars shipping for a 20 dollars LCD seems to be quite a lot, can t we (europeans) get them shipped to a single address in europe and then forwarded.. or could n t you ship ONCE to a single guy in europe who will forward them ?

.. i can receive internationally almost any kind of stuff when i am in tenerife, it s a so called port franc and we don t pay VAT or whatever it is called in your country.. but i won t be there before the end of september..

.. if i should have it received here in Denmark i had to pay 25% extra for custom doll.. that makes 21+16+5=42$

..that said i d be in for 1 if we can solve this problem..

..and thank you guys so much for making this happen, i wouldn t find the time to work on a SID project by my own for ages..

simone

Well, the $16 is for a flat rate global priority package and is the expensive option.  I actually just did some more research and it appears that the flat rate envelope is $11.00 not $16 and first class international to France is $7.20, with the Euro being what it is, I dont think it is too bad.

PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.  I WILL NOT BE SCOURING THIS TREAD FOR "I'M INS"

Far too small and not red.

More like this:

PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.  HE WILL NOT BE SCOURING THIS THREAD FOR "I'M INS"

;D

and then another whack from the guru:

Anyone giving attitude to Altitude will have their PCB payment refunded and their PCBs cremated in a traditional Viking burial ceremony, with a YouTube video for everyone's amusement.

I am a dipsh**  :-[ Sorry mate, I did go and download the datasheet, but I missed the colour in there (in case anyone else wants it, it's in the backlight section, ~575nm)

I was sceptical about the contrast ratio though, it says 5:1 but I would expect higher from FSTN (like ~ 8:1) and I wondered if the datasheet was incorrect, but their STN are 3:1 so maybe it is right after all...

Attn. people in Ontario, Canada:

I have a shipping address in Buffalo NY, and I will be picking up my displays there the weekend after they arrive.  (My fiancee lives in Buffalo, so I go there every weekend). Save on shipping and duty by having your displays shipped with mine.  If you are in or near Toronto, or otherwise anywhere near the QEW, and you're interested, send me a pm.