AOUT v1 pcbs fs

bugfight

I ordered some AOUT v1 pcbs from gold eagle pcb.  These are double sided, solder masked, silk screened and otherwise identical to the original published (TK) version.

Yield was more than I expected, leaving me with extras which I will offer to anyone for same price as mike in eu so as not to undercut him.  People from eu should thus order from him...

5,50 Euros = 7,47505 U.S. dollars

so $7.50 shipped to U.S.

Not sure what to do about the rest of the world.  Suggestions?

NOTE: these are the v1 boards which require the MAX525 chip.  If you are not controlling oscillators, (or maybe even if you are) you may want to wait for the aout_ng which is just about to be released.  If you are in a hurry, or want the higher linearity (I know, I know stryd - slightly higher, ok-ok...) of the MAX525, these might be for you.  I am still interested in setting up a group buy for the MAX525 chips.  Maybe could combine with pcbs to save shipping.

so... anyone interested?

*edit* all spares are now sold.

I am definitely interested if we can find MAX525's for a decent price.  I might even want to make a couple.  But with no group buy on MAX525, I will probably pass, because the IC is just too expensive.  (In that case I might be farther ahead to just buy a used Kenton unit or something)

i want to make sure everyboday has seen this thread re. aout_ng

http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=7830.0

regarding the max525, according to this :

https://shop.maxim-ic.com/storefront/priceavailable.do?Partnumber=MAX525ACPP%2B&event=PartSearch&menuitem=PriceAndAvailability

if we can get to over 25 chips (i want 4 for myself)

the price drops quite a bit @ $ 35.98 for 1-24 and $ 28.58 for 25-99

(as of today anyway)

note that the mb-cv with these is far more accurate than any commercial midi->cv i've seen

(this is also true of the aout_ng, btw)

Just for what it's worth guys, you can probably also use the MAX5250 which needs no modifications but will output in 10bit resolution, not 12. Note that if you are feeding it 7bit values (0-127) then that means you won't see any difference. Edit - 5250 is less accurate...

The 5250 way doesn´t make much sense because the precision is definitely worse than that of the AOUT_NG, and one 5250 is still more expensive than a TLV5630. Plus you need two of them. As stated in the NG-Thread, I can´t comment on the exact quality differences between AOUT and AOUT_NG as long as there was no real-world comparison. But going down to 10 bits is definitely worse than having a slightly higher INL.

Seppoman